joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, klw said:

temp at BTV has dropped from 40 at 8am to 35 at 11.

https://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KBTV.html

Just flipped to snow here in Charlotte, 18mi south of the airport.  We were at 36-37ºF all night and morning and just dropped 2º to 34º at the flip.

Final Call...lowered snow accumulations a bit and hit icing slightly harder.

Allow for plenty of extra time tomorrow AM, especially points north of the Mass pike and away from the immediate coast beyond rt 128, as arctic air will begin to transition rain to a dangerous sleet and glaze mixture. While it should not be enough t cause much in the way of power interruptions, it should produce very hazardous driving and walking conditions. This will sink southward throughout the day entering CT, RI and southeast Mass by the afternoon. It could end as a dusting to possibly up to 2 inches of snow north of route 2 corridor in northern Mass early tomorrow evening.

FINAL CALL.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Well "we" is New Hampshire not North Haven. 

That far south, most likely you see a little ice a little sleet. Probably not enough of either to be screwed.

High stakes forecast in the BOS-ORH corridor.....the timing of the flip is literally during the heaviest precip of the storm. A couple hours could make difference of like 0.40" of QPF.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Earlier than I thought.  Late night on the couch instead of an early morning alarm it is!  Thanks.

Wouldn't shock me if the low level cold is faster than modeled, especially if it can wrap "around" the mountains and surge down the coast.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

High stakes forecast in the BOS-ORH corridor.....the timing of the flip is literally during the heaviest precip of the storm. A couple hours could make difference of like 0.40" of QPF.

That amount of sleet will be a mess. Hard to melt that even with "warm" roads too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Wouldn't shock me if the low level cold is faster than modeled, especially if it can wrap "around" the mountains and surge down the coast.

That amount of sleet will be a mess. Hard to melt that even with "warm" roads too.

If it can set up a barrier jet, then its off to the races...it will rip down the coastal plain at like 15+ knots...gotta get it there first though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

It will be plenty cold at the surface, Its 750-800mb is where i want to see more cooling sooner.