Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

3 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

The differences in sfc Ts are pretty wild. 18z Euro may even have the sfc front slightly south of the gfs, but the gfs is just ridiculously cold north of the front

GFS has a lot of frozen QPF in MA. Like around an inch here. It’s pretty remarkable the differences still. 

• Like 1

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS has a lot of frozen QPF in MA. Like around an inch here. It’s pretty remarkable the differences still. 

It's also so weird to see the GFS now colder than other models at 2m for a winter storm.

For so long we were used to just tossing its furnace solutions.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not really sure what to make of it. Most of the warmer runs like the hrrr are still really cold eventually once it does surge south. Euro just kinda pushes it all south at like 30-31F

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It will be wiped out. These two days got much warmer than expected. Already into the 40’s. Runaway and others get their wishes 

While this winter has under-produced given the temperature layout, I've had snow cover since January 6th!  That is an unusually long run or measurable snow for these parts of SNE.  Even during many of my past well-above normal snow seasons, the ground would get bare within 2 weeks...  Many folks don't realize how common it is to have bare ground during the winter here in SNE.  We rarely have long running (more than 2 weeks) periods of snow cover.  Also, my current snow cover is glacier like; it's not completely disappearing.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You at least had a glacier. That will be tough to wipe out. 

I think that’s gone too. It was like summer out there running earlier. Just drenched in sweat.. thick snow eating fog and warm Sw winds blowing. It’s amazing how fast snow can melt in these conditions. To think snow lovers on the board take pleasure in pack wipeouts makes you sick . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 6

4 minutes ago, FXWX said:

While this winter has under-produced given the temperature layout, I've had snow cover since January 6th!  That is an unusually long run or measurable snow for these parts of SNE.  Even during many of my past well-above normal snow seasons, the ground would get bare within 2 weeks...  Many folks don't realize how common it is to have bare ground during the winter here in SNE.  We rarely have long running (more than 2 weeks) periods of snow cover.  Also, my current snow cover is glacier like; it's not completely disappearing.

Yeah same here. Under the powder there was 3.5-4” of glacier. Haven’t seen grass since Jan 5th. That will be gone . You may keep yours being in NW CT . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah same here. Under the powder there was 3.5-4” of glacier. Haven’t seen grass since Jan 5th. That will be gone . You may keep yours being in NW CT . 

We will see... The shame of this winter, in particular January, is that we put together a very decent cold month; generally -2.5 to -3.0 departure.  And we will very close pattern-wise to a big snow month, but it just did not workout.  Unless you count the first 3 or 4 days of January, it was an unusual January in that it did not feature the typical Thaw period.  

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think that’s gone too. It was like summer out there running earlier. Just drenched in sweat.. thick snow eating fog and warm Sw winds blowing. It’s amazing how fast snow can melt in these conditions. To think snow lovers on the board take pleasure in pack wipeouts makes you sick . 

I say let's wipe the slate clean.  If we end up with more events in Feb/March, we can reestablish and pile on the fresh white snow..  Otherwise, I don't need to see a drab crusty layer on the landscape

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Cheer up buttercup

StormTotalIce.jpg

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Actually.. Its fine. We clean everything up to reload for when we get a new snow pack. You're like doom amd gloom. Lol 

• Weenie 1