Newest Member
    joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1011 mb low over mid Atlantic and 1042 mb high over southern Quebec at 6z Friday, with meso lows to my southeast. Winds are ripping out of the northeast in my backyard and…the mesos say…rain? And the GFS has the surface low moving south of the cape. A non-event? :blink:

What’s especially interesting about this up here, is it’s not your typical cold drain. It’s a literal switch—more similarities to a strong back door in eastern New England than a run-of the mill front. Once that high builds into southern Ontario the CAD is northeasterly, NOT northwesterly. Big difference imo. The latter means non-event—we cool as the precip moves out.

Either the GFS is completely OTL on these larger scale features or I’m frigid by 6z Friday with a sig frozen (mostly snow) event.

B21852E1-7B69-4C24-834E-6615B59E39D4.png

F9C75650-146B-4711-9C60-F40D4E9AB2AF.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

1011 mb low over mid Atlantic and 1042 mb high over southern Quebec at 6z Friday, with meso lows to my southeast. Winds are ripping out of the northeast in my backyard and…the mesos say…rain? And the GFS has the surface low moving south of the cape. A non-event? :blink:

What’s especially interesting about this up here, is it’s not your typical cold drain. It’s a literal switch—more similarities to a strong back door in eastern New England than a run-of the mill front. Once that high builds into southern Ontario the CAD is northeasterly, NOT northwesterly. Big difference imo. The latter means non-event—we cool as the precip moves out.

Either the GFS is completely OTL on these larger scale features or I’m frigid by 6z Friday with a sig frozen (mostly snow) event.

ya GFS is insanely cold.. 

5 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

SO….you’re again saying all modeling is out to lunch except the GFS? And this trends colder as we move in to tomorrow morning??

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It will be wiped out. These two days got much warmer than expected. Already into the 40’s. Runaway and others get their wishes 

It’s not our wish. We can’t will the weather to our liking. One day when you’re older, wiser, and posting past 830pm…you will begin to forecast objectively yourself. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think that’s gone too. It was like summer out there running earlier. Just drenched in sweat.. thick snow eating fog and warm Sw winds blowing. It’s amazing how fast snow can melt in these conditions. To think snow lovers on the board take pleasure in pack wipeouts makes you sick . 

lol.
Pack-eating fog, temps, and rain are awful, but there's nothing that can be done...

...unless we can get a hold of that TSCWCT (Top-Secret-Chinese-Weather-Changing-Technology) and push the cold temps and snow over the top of us for the duration of the season.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The problem is the midlevel press is still from the NW. 750mb dgiaf about the NE ageo flow. 

As you mentioned before, makes most sense that the surface temps are too warm. So corrections from less rain to more ice much more likely than less rain to more snow…

I don’t like seeing all that plain rain on mesos on northeast winds. Makes me think column is warm everywhere but the surface, which is below freezing.