joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 degrees approaching 4"

I am thinking this is a 16" storm or so. 20"+ seems unlikely, unless there is some high ratio fluff the last few hours as the storm departs, which the models have been hinting towards. Sometimes snow sticks around for several extra hours here in the mountains after the main deal is long gone and adds a few garbage time field goals. NWS has it well pegged right now, IMO.

If this thing had hit with temps in the teens to start instead of after 24 hours of warm temps, and we had avoided the warm drizzle to start, 20" might be doable. But the first several hours have been very sloppy and some precip was lost to melting. There is still a layer of slush around the drier snow piling up now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The dude is a nervous wreck too before every storm but probably averages 3-4 times the majority of SNE.

You know where I came from, right? LOL

It takes time to shake decades of totally failing on every event. Down there, we look at your area of CT as a snow heaven. Not joking.

Events like this never, ever worked out for me until I moved here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

You know where I came from, right? LOL

It takes time to shake decades of totally failing on every event. Down there, we look at your area of CT as a snow heaven. Not joking.

Events like this never, ever worked out for me until I moved here.

when I was younger thats how I felt when I went from here to southern Quebec in the winter to stay at my families place.. always thought when will this turn to rain 

• Like 1