Newest Member
    joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34F and raining in Holliston. Temp made it up to 43-44F here last evening but the 50s stayed away….interesting because ORH touched 50F very briefly overnight before it dropped back to near 40F (now they are 33)

Looks like we still have about 3 hours though until the real cold comes in. It’s accelerating down the seacoast now but it will take some time. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

34F and raining in Holliston. Temp made it up to 43-44F here last evening but the 50s stayed away….interesting because ORH touched 50F very briefly overnight before it dropped back to near 40F (now they are 33)

Looks like we still have about 3 hours though until the real cold comes in. It’s accelerating down the seacoast now but it will take some time. 

How does rest of the day shake out? Looks like a lot of precip to the south still to come

5 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Whole house just shook and rumbled. Is thunder snow even on the table with this? It was weird as hell. Woke up my kids so it wasn't just my drunk ass hallucinating.

It was a 2.9 magnitude quake centered in Gorham. We felt it here in Jackson too. My whole cabin shook and there was a rumbling noise outside like I've never heard before. Confirms that I don't ever want to experience a moderate or large earthquake lol.

Back on the weather side...I measured 4.5" at 1am and a whole lot more fell overnight. I'll go out for an updated measurement around 6:30. 24F with steady snow at the moment.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like it'll end up an hour or two behind the more aggressive runs, but no doubt it's moving south pretty quickly now

3 minutes ago, jculligan said:

It was a 2.9 magnitude quake centered in Gorham. We felt it here in Jackson too. My whole cabin shook and there was a rumbling noise outside like I've never heard before. Confirms that I don't ever want to experience a moderate or large earthquake lol.

Back on the weather side...I measured 4.5" at 1am and a whole lot more fell overnight. I'll go out for an updated measurement around 6:30. 24F with steady snow at the moment.

Another impact of global warming.

Stay safe.

5 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

How does rest of the day shake out? Looks like a lot of precip to the south still to come

It will likely be precipitating most of the day today but the heavy stuff is probably confined to the morning and maybe lunchtime hours. 

Obviously even light icing though can be a problem. 

9 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Looks like it'll end up an hour or two behind the more aggressive runs, but no doubt it's moving south pretty quickly now

Yeah looks like the real edge of the cold is around PSM now. Seeing some meso stations ripping 15 knots sustained around Kittery. We may get to 31-32 in the next hour or two here but we probably aren’t getting the real flash freeze type stuff until we get that secondary push that’s near PSM now. Figure it will try and accelerate, but even 20+ knots will take 2.5-3 hours or so. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah looks like the real edge of the cold is around PSM now. Seeing some meso stations ripping 15 knots sustained around Kittery. We may get to 31-32 in the next hour or two here but we probably aren’t getting the real flash freeze type stuff until we get that secondary push that’s near PSM now. Figure it will try and accelerate, but even 20 knots will take 2.5-3 hours or so. 

It's like watching paint dry.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah looks like the real edge of the cold is around PSM now. Seeing some meso stations ripping 15 knots sustained around Kittery. We may get to 31-32 in the next hour or two here but we probably aren’t getting the real flash freeze type stuff until we get that secondary push that’s near PSM now. Figure it will try and accelerate, but even 20+ knots will take 2.5-3 hours or so. 

Roads sleet covered. Drive down sucked