Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

1 minute ago, Silver Meteor said:

Hello from eastern N.C. I've seen a lot of Lows pass by down here but this one is waaaaaay offshore. Heck, it's running off the screen. I've a feeling this storm isn't going to pound the Mid-Atlantic coast with as much snow as people are thinking ... unless a team of wild horses pulls it back in.

Low Far Offshore.png

I dunno man radar looks pretty good for coastal Delaware, ripping as we speak. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Silver Meteor said:

Hello from eastern N.C. I've seen a lot of Lows pass by down here but this one is waaaaaay offshore. Heck, it's running off the screen. I've a feeling this storm isn't going to pound the Mid-Atlantic coast with as much snow as people are thinking ... unless a team of wild horses pulls it back in.

Low Far Offshore.png

i think the idea is that it phases with the upper level energy in time.  the low is definitely out in the gulf stream, but there's still quite a bit of mid level energy to get wrapped into it.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/fxg1/SFCUS/last.html

6 minutes ago, Silver Meteor said:

Low Far Offshore.png

Incorrect. That’s not waaaaay offshore. Every guidance I seen had the coastal about in that general area. What happens is the coastal develops a double low and along with the phase happening, the coastal storm gets pulled back west once it is paralleled to OBX. As it stands, everything is going as forecasted for the Delmarva into the northeast.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

OC has gone over to snow. Its gonna be a fun 12 hours there:

https://oceancitylive.com/ocean-city-webcams/ocean-city-beach-cam-inlet-view/

Just got here in OC at 9:00.  It was mostly snow but a lot of "wet" hitting the windshield.

Snowed the whole trip, but mostly just wet roads.   The snow was the hardest around Easton when we went through, roads got covered a bit then.

Now it looks to be all snow here and really getting cranking.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, WxSynopsisDavid said:

Incorrect. That’s not waaaaay offshore. Every guidance I seen had the coastal about in that general area. What happens is the coastal develops a double low and along with the phase happening, the coastal storm gets pulled back west once it is paralleled to OBX. As it stands, everything is going as forecasted for the Delmarva into the northeast.

Correct. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Silver Meteor said:

HRRR sure looks good. I hope the whole peninsula gets a window rattler and nice snow drifts. Was there for a blizzard once (early '90s?) and know how wild it can get on that coast. :D

Heavy snow on the immediate coast is sweet.

Feeling kinda cute. Might jebwalk to the boardwalk tomorrow. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Don’t know if you guys are looking for reports from down here…This storm sucks…. HRRR sucks it’s a flaming dumpster… it’s 34 and raining here 30 miles North of Charlotte I was supposed to have 3” in this “Death band” if you listen to the short range Goofus … goodluck to you guys upstream but I’m out …. I can’t whine too much im 7” for a season total but still  

8 minutes ago, WxSynopsisDavid said:

Did I say anything about guidance? No. I said I've seen many Lows pass by this coastline and this one is much farther out than normal. Much farther out. A simple, basic fact. (And your response is an example of why I almost never post on this website.) If the 850 pulls it back in, great, I'm all for it ... but again I was only pointing out a peculiarity with the track at this latitude.

Man, Baltimore is going to get real close. Once the 500low closes off and pulls the coastal west a bit around OBX’s latitude, it’s hard to see Baltimore not getting some hours of solid snow. 

CAPE - pretty sure those higher totals may verify out your way. Radar is quite promising 

• Like 1