• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

40 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There are a lot of folks who would feel porked with 12" in a sea of 2' plus....you are full of shit if you think otherwise.

Happens all the time with storms like this one. Some will get 12-18" and some could get 30+ if the models continue to support be that possibility.

1 minute ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

As much as I would love 962 just south of Montauk, I have to think it is a dubious solution.  Euro is the only global kicking the SW energy out kit and caboodle.  With big storms like this, there is often a weenie band much further north and west than forecasted...that might be the hope for WOTR.

True.  And I feel that band is never shows up well on the damn clown maps

1 minute ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

As much as I would love 962 just south of Montauk, I have to think it is a dubious solution.  Euro is the only global kicking the SW energy out kit and caboodle.  With big storms like this, there is often a weenie band much further north and west than forecasted...that might be the hope for WOTR.

Everything is still in play…I wouldn’t be using the phrase “that might be the hope” this early. The amped stuff could be right. So could the east grazers.  It’s all speculation at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

That’s our lean since the get go but with days to go still, I’ll keep an open mind. 

Hopefully some of the recent changes in direction are not a product of starting to get better sampling (which would be not so good news) but the notable differences in the structures of just about everything...ridging in the West, evolution of the southern shortwave, the trough, and also the ULJ across the region is a bit concerning right now. We're not talking about subtle changes either. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM would prob be more than a light event....it is more amped than the 06z GFS was at 90h.

Looks much better (favorable) with the ridging into the West and is slightly further west with the trough axis into the Gulf Coast. Would probably continue to see amplification too based on the jet. Still have a developing jet steak on the western side of the trough axis.