• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I think some of these old perceived biases need to die. These models get so many updates and upgrades now that it’s difficult to apply biases from 15-20 yrs ago to today. I know many still believe in them, but I’d need to see some kind of research to be convinced. Just my $0.02. 

True, good point.

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya the poor guy is a complete wreck on this. 

I don't think I'm melting at all. I'm expressing concerns that are pertinent to my area, as you guys are with hoping it captures faster. Not sure what the difference is? Maybe we all just love snow? Or maybe wait to find out?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think I'm melting at all. I'm expressing concerns that are pertinent to my area, as you guys are with hoping it captures faster. Not sure what the difference is? Maybe we all just love snow? Or maybe wait to find out?

Wasn’t trying to dig you pal…just saying you seem very sensitive on each run as Bob mentioned. We all want a great storm. I get it completely…especially this year where nothing seems to work out.  I think we’re all gonna get a good one here. That’s my feeling currently.  Let’s hope it plays out like that, as I said maybe something like 2/13. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I think some of these old perceived biases need to die. These models get so many updates and upgrades now that it’s difficult to apply biases from 15-20 yrs ago to today. I know many still believe in them, but I’d need to see some kind of research to be convinced. Just my $0.02. 

Same with the 06z/18z runs.  With all the satellite input they are just as valid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wasn’t trying to dig you pal…just saying you seem very sensitive on each run as Bob mentioned. We all want a great storm. I get it completely…especially this year where nothing seems to work out.  I think we’re all gonna get a good one here. That’s my feeling currently.  Let’s hope it plays out like that, as I said maybe something like 2/13. 

Each run? I hardly even batted an eye when the GFS was nearly a whiff yesterday. :lol: However, last night's Euro run illustrated my one real concern with this...not sure how that is losing my shit. I'll be sure to alert people when they "lose their shit" in future runs.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Not spoiled at all here.  It's just snow.  I've had far too many 20"+ snowfalls over the last 20yrs to recall them all.  Gotta be 10 of them.

That’s insane. I know you realize how special that it is. Some of your younger brethren’s may not. Thinking that’s the norm lol.

• Like 1