• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

9 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I wonder if the Euro comes in more  stable … cyclone within comparative marginal consistency for positions and pressure depths and so forth. 

This is the stage of the game where the Euro’s 4-D variable normalization system may come in handy because that’s what it’s designed to do it’s designed to stop irrelevant perturbation from causing increased error out in time. These other guidance seem to be suffering from giga motions

wow, good call for a change heh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

We kid.      

The reality is that if I get a foot here, I have 22.5" headed into February....that still blows. No one on here except Bob enjoys large snow fall deficits for several years running. I understand I am an easy target because I am so vocal about it, but many others here feel the same way, dude.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The reality is that if I get a foot here, I have 22.5" headed into February....that still blows. No one on here except Bob enjoys large snow fall deficits for several years running. I understand I am an easy target because I am so vocal about it, but many others here feel the same way, dude.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not wrong....I understand that you couldn't care less, and I believe you, but I think that you are the minority on this site.

As I said, I’d prefer that over a Jan15 outside looking in result. Mar17 was like that here. We got a foot then snizzled our way to 14” as the deform goodies were NW of here but at least all day it felt like a storm was occurring. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I remember getting 10" of sand in Feb 2006 when we were forecasted for 18"+  and feeling like it was a huge disappointment. I definitely like to be a part of the big totals, otherwise its just ok. 

I remember waiting for that huge band out west to get here, and it never came...that was back before I understood deformation zones, etc...I was so jealous of W NE and NYC. Nice event, though....I had 16". 

I was in my 30s before I understood what so many high school kids on this site know now...mind blowing what the internet has done.

Clusters on the 06z EPS weren't too different from 00z...the furthest west members got erased, so that's prob why the mean ticked a shade east but the overall clusters really didn't change.

Funny how this is playing out very similarly to Jan 2015....Euro and its ensembles are the furthest west while other guidance is further east. Before the central/western CT peeps get triggered...it doesn't mean it's going to play out just like that storm did.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I remember getting 10" of sand in Feb 2006 when we were forecasted for 18"+  and feeling like it was a huge disappointment. I definitely like to be a part of the big totals, otherwise its just ok. 

I would submit that, especially in that kind of scenario, there's something to be said for totals vs. expectations AND for the dendrites themselves. Sand/diamond dust is rarely satisfying unless you get absolutely buried. 2 to 4 inches of parachutes dancing down through naught a hint of a breeze and I'm seated at the window looking like Paul Reubens enjoying a matinee.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Clusters on the 06z EPS weren't too different from 00z...the furthest west members got erased, so that's prob why the mean ticked a shade east but the overall clusters really didn't change.

Funny how this is playing out very similarly to Jan 2015....Euro and its ensembles are the furthest west while other guidance is further east. Before the central/western CT peeps get triggered...it doesn't mean it's going to play out just like that storm did.

I'm still surprised that the 6z GEFS look so ugly. Figured we'd see at least a bit of improvement overnight.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Don't worry, apparently no one except me minds...its just snow.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Maybe the euro/eps takes the belt back. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I would give up the 2ft totals now if I could lock in 10.5 here at this point in time.

Still very concerned about a complete miss/scraper.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I'm still surprised that the 6z GEFS look so ugly. Figured we'd see at least a bit of improvement overnight.

Yeah I was expecting it better too. My guess is the EPS is too amped, but it is closer to reality than the GEFS. Maybe the old 70/30 rule will restore sanity to the wx forecasting world. But knowing this year...prob not. :lol:

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Don't worry, apparently no one except me minds...its just snow.

I don’t think most of us are implying that it’s nbd. Clearly we are here because we love it and we chase the big one because how special it is. Trust…if this goes Jan15 out here you bet your fanny I’m gonna go DIT drunken rage on something or someone around the house. 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yeah... we (most of us) have a long way to go to get out of obscene ratter territory.