• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Phin doesn't like it when I talk about it though.  He mad.

Yeah but it's a fact that 12z guidance has definitely backed off on a larger region-wide historic storm....it's still historic for SE MA, but that is different than what we were seeing on previous cycles. Honestly, there really isn't much more to parse for SE MA and far E MA....they are going to get crushed. But for the rest of the forum, there is a lot to sort out.

Now, it's another question altogether whether we actually believe the 12z runs so far...I'm thinking they are probably going to little too much with the elongation idea and the Upper levels and mid-levels look about as good as they can be....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Let's just break off the community into individual zones of security, that way we can talk about our back yards and not offend anyone else.

I have been trying, diligently but seemingly without any modicum of success, to figure out just why folks keep talking about imaginary places like "495" and "Connecticut" in this, the central New Jersey shoreline winter storm thread.

• Haha 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah but it's a fact that 12z guidance has definitely backed off on a larger region-wide historic storm....it's still historic for SE MA, but that is different than what we were seeing on previous cycles. Honestly, there really isn't much more to parse for SE MA and far E MA....they are going to get crushed. But for the rest of the forum, there is a lot to sort out.

Now, it's another question altogether whether we actually believe the 12z runs so far...I'm thinking they are probably going to little too much with the elongation idea and the Upper levels and mid-levels look about as good as they can be....

And that's been acknowledged.

This seems to happen every event. You get those western shifts about 36-48 hours then some last second eastern adjustments. 

Im on 95 headed towards Boston. Trying to stay near Rockland but can't find a hotel that isn't booked. I found one in Braintree Mass. Not that it will be that big a change but will I still be at a decent* (damn auto correct) spot for OES? Places must be booked from the storm 

4 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

You know, a little negative trending and I may only get the best storm I've had in 7 years, not a decade. It's going to be hard to sled with my kid while I'm sobbing, but I'll try.

use them tears to wipe the bottom of the sled a little, they will freeze up and create a nice lubricating ice layer

• Haha 1

Just now, Heisy said:

This seems to happen every event. You get those western shifts about 36-48 hours then some last second eastern adjustments. 

Im on 95 headed towards Boston. Trying to stay near Rockland but can't find a hotel that isn't booked. I found one in Braintree Mass. Not that it will be that big a change but will I still be on adventures spot for OES? Places must be booked from the storm 

Norwell, Hanover area have anything? I just checked and hull has some vacancies. Should be a wild storm there 

• Like 1