• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm just gonna check 12z EURO, then its models off, radar on and weenie out

Yup agreed….gotta just enjoy after the euro.

This thing has a fabulous look at H5 and H7. Let’s watch it unfold over the next 24-36 hrs.  Already snowing here so it feels and looks like the storm has started here already. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just freaked out at the thought of a nasty dry slot..I never expect to jackpot.

You’ve nailed this thing almost from the start, crazy impressive.

Where do you think does jack? South shore and the 495 area seem like the most mentioned spots.

• Haha 1

Just now, radarman said:

Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like  ~.7" of QPF here and that map printing out like 20" of snow?   Maybe if all .7" were under a ripping deffy band ok, but if deffy is east .7 qpf might yield 7".

At those amounts/rates you start dealing with the weight of snow upon itself too...even if you measure every 6/8/12hrs. Add in the wind and 25:1 in theory probably becomes half that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mattm4242 said:

You’ve nailed this thing almost from the start, crazy impressive.

Where do you think does jack? South shore and the 495 area seem like the most mentioned spots.

I should have a presentation ready around like 3 or 4....I have a group soon, so I will probably just wait on EURO, then write.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, radarman said:

Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like  ~.7" of QPF here and that map printing out like 20" of snow?   Maybe if all .7" were under a ripping deffy band ok, but if deffy is east .7 qpf might yield 7".

Thje DGZ is super deep on a lot of these soundings, so I'm guessing that is where those ratios are coming from. I'm skeptical of huge ratios....but they will be over 10 to 1.

• Like 3

Power outage expectations.

Anyone, please help me out. We've got our annual BOD meeting up in Waterville Estates Sunday at 11AM. Not expecting much up there. Maybe 6" and a little wind. But 75% of the owners are 2nd home owners, most of which primary residences are within the Blizzard Warning area. My thoughts are that it would be prudent to postpone the meeting due to power outages. With the high winds forecast through Sunday AM at least, I believe power companies may not even be allowed to work on the lines. 

Any thoughts form the experts about anticipated power outages appreciated.

I should mention the meeting will be available via Zoom, but I'm concerned they will not have prepared to log in.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Thje DGZ is super deep on a lot of these soundings, so I'm guessing that is where those ratios are coming from. I'm skeptical of huge ratios....but they will be over 10 to 1.

Tend to agree because I'm hoping/thinking deformation comes west of (some) progs, but if not there's a pretty good chance we baking powder as we did in 2015.

• Like 1