• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Btw, does someone have the 500 height anomaly correlation scores that show all the major models? I seem to have lost my link for it and a search around the ghastly ncep site (very user-unfriendly) and google has proved useless. 

It was posted somewhere in this thread near/during the 18z catastrophe yesterday…

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I stayed in my seat the entire ride. Saw a bunch of people that lifted their bars and fall out or jump yesterday . Reached my hand out to save them, but they let it go . Even flicked me off as they fell

If it snows big, you will win every time. Congrats dude.  Wish I could head to Woodstock. 

6 minutes ago, toller65 said:

GYX and WCSH6 currently have about half of that, me thinks by morning their forecasts will be upped

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You have to go up in increments not ballz in out of the gate, Those will get adjusted, GYX already adjusted up the the 10 and 90 percentile.

Just now, powderfreak said:

If it snows big, you will win every time. Congrats dude.  Wish I could head to Woodstock. 

Sometimes I downplay. Not these big boys though that lock in days out. And I truly mean this.. it gave me more confidence with the GFS OTS. There has not been one big boy in as long as I’ve been on the boards that the GFS had not been OTS and last time catch on. They may have upgraded it, but they did not fix that part

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You have to go up in increments not ballz in out of the gate, Those will get adjusted, GYX already adjusted up the the 10 and 90 percentile.

Similar to yesterday's horror show at 18z, there's no reason to go all in here either. Trends look good, but 00z could easily messenger shuffle east and we don't want to overshoot the forecast.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

I haven't read any posts mentioning it, but it appears much of this snow will be falling during the daylight on Saturday, which only adds to the greatness of the storm.

we talked about it early on, but it's been one of the few locked-in facets of this storm

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Similar to yesterday's horror show at 18z, there's no reason to go all in here either. Trends look good, but 00z could easily messenger shuffle east and we don't want to overshoot the forecast.

That's why i like to see us get as much north and west as we can to give us wiggle room when we get that messenger (Scott) shuffle, RIP buddy the last 24hrs, 2015, We never got that, It actually went the other way which is rare but so are these, Him and i, PM'd a lot, Never met him, But it was like i knew him all my life.

• Like 2