• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Obviously going to have to factor wind into this somehow (which I will admit I don't have much knowledge on) but 12z NAM bufkit is spitting out some pretty impressive ratios. I wonder have to think under the CCB ratios probably approach 18:1 with snowfall rates 3-4'' per hour...maybe upwards of 5''.

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Obviously going to have to factor wind into this somehow (which I will admit I don't have much knowledge on) but 12z NAM bufkit is spitting out some pretty impressive ratios. I wonder have to think under the CCB ratios probably approach 18:1 with snowfall rates 3-4'' per hour...maybe upwards of 5''.

In the GFS, you maybe more like 3-4" per day lol

• Haha 2

Just now, weatherwiz said:

GFS says don’t worry about that stuff. 

• Haha 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

This may get a good tug NNW at the last second though....H5 is actually curling back a little more efficiently than 06z despite the other trends.

Yeah may actually wind up a touch better than 6z. Great for E Mass. 

Would have preferred to see a much bigger jump west though. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think you could see some locations pull a foot in only a few hours with this. It happened with Jan 23 2005 with the strongest bands. 

• Like 1

Just now, dryslot said:

GFS made up some serious ground late but ends up a tic or two east of 06z but that's a bomb.

There's definitely things I like better about that run. Obviously the holding back in the sw is not one of them, but it also made a big jump with that from 6z. Maybe people should wait for a little continuity before leaping off the bridge.

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah may actually wind up a touch better than 6z. Great for E Mass. 

Would have preferred to see a much bigger jump west though. 

That's super close to being a LOT better....that was probably a step toward capturing a little better despite the southern stream not trending well. Still time to sort that part out.

• Like 4