• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Lol - changes to rain here. Ideally, Euro is only 80/90% correct and moves slightly east. 

People will see and latch on to what they want to see, I wouldn't put too much stock into the NAM at 84hrs out. Fun to look at, but in any other circumstance everyone would agree that the 12km NAM is essentially worthless.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I disagree with this. Its more reality than eye candy...get use to this output.

Hopefully NAM has one of it's rare lock-in moments and just ups the ante from here.

I would expect a random 06z/18z run where it burps and suddenly slides east or cuts precip in half. That always happens for some reason.

9 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Tonight I'm going to have myself a real good time.

And a good time I think it will be indeed.

We are approximately 60 hours from Go time and the east trends seem to be pulling back a bit. 

When it’s this big and New York office is excited about it… that’s good news.

And my mom and I are obsessive Queen fans.

• Haha 1

After a 10 minute search through here to figure out the acronym LBSW, I think I understand.  For those "in the know" can you confirm that it refers to a storm which has "peaked" to the southwest vs LBNE in which the storm "peaks" to the NE?  Thus a LBSW has peaked to the SW and is past its height once it gets here.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What bias? It corrected towards a solution that most feel makes sense, which is also supported by the best guidance.

Out of all the upgrades, it still has a tendancy to over do "LE" Liquid Equivilancy and hug the coast a little too much. Needs to be adjusted for final outcome. Not to mention, people are basing this also on the 84 Hour. Well outside of its range credible solutions.

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

Out of all the upgrades, it still has a tendancy to over do "LE" Liquid Equivilancy and hug the coast a little too much. Needs to be adjusted for final outcome. Not to mention, people are basing this also on the 84 Hour. Well outside of its range credible solutions.

If you don't like the NAM output, just toss it.

Hopefully you will soon need to toss the GFS for the same problem here shortly.

24 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

A crusher here. It also closes off the mid levels early... that's great for NJ and NYC too. 

Ha, it might just save my wilting attitude toward this - I cried about needing 12zs to get with the program and see? That all it takes.  LOL

But it is the NAM... oy. 

I tell ya what though, to me, I almost wonder if the NAM's NW bias stuff is maybe transcended ( for lack of better word) by the total power of this thing. I mean, that 500 mb evolution ( either side of 66 hours ) seems that regardless of the former tendency this thing would have to really end up like that either way - it's just overwhelming matters in that sense.

• Like 3