• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

I blew up my screen mag to the max and the ICON track is about 50s.e. RIC to 50e BAL to TTN to EWR. The pressure is falling steadily into the 980s by about PHL. It does not look perfect for everyone but something to hope for in terms of GFS/GEM backtracks later on, we hope. 

One of the moving parts that evokes less than perfect trust here is the arctic high, it is a puny thing at present, just 1020 mb over Thomson MB, and while -38F sounds frigid, that is not exceptionally cold for the location near center of high pressure at 0700h local time. 

Which makes me wonder if the thing can ever reach 1036 mbs let alone low 1040s. I suppose if it was really weak it might have to push down behind the vortmax instead so there is that. 

8 minutes ago, Ji said:

ive been to winchester multiple times...i dont remember going to through the blue ridge mountains to get there lol

4 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

lol - if you take Route 50 or I-66 you clearly go over mountains.

And Route 7 between Bluemont and the Shenandoah... You literally go from Snickers Gap at 1079 feet down to the Shenandoah River. 
Mount Weather is along Blue Ridge Road. 

• Like 2

I think we all need to be realistic about the situation post-storm also.  It doesn't seem to matter which model, but the cold air does not rush in quickly behind this storm.  If it does snow along 95, it is going to drip-drip-drip on Monday.  This is a storm where we enjoy the front end and then move on to looking for the next one.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

lol i take 7 from Leesburg. I didnt realize i was crossing the great blue Ridge

yeah they are maybe more like big hills there - the Blue Ridge higher elevations you don't really start hitting until closer to I-64 and points south (5-6k feet in SW VA and W NC).

• Like 1

Guys,

whatever we get...its way better than what it looked like a few days ago when we were getting a dusting while Durham was getting 20 inches. I feel like we stole snow that we werent really suppose to get so im good with 4-8 and then mix

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

Guys,

whatever we get...its way better than what it looked like a few days ago when we were getting a dusting while Durham was getting 20 inches. I feel like we stole snow that we werent really suppose to get so im good with 4-8 and then mix

gfs_asnow_seus_27.png

• Like 1

While waiting for the WB 12Z frames to load I was thinking if I was a weather service I would invest a ton of money on computing power and brag in advertisements that my maps loaded quickest so if you subscribed to my service you would be the first weenie to be able to show the maps in tweets and on the boards.  Seems like a legit strategy.  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ji said:

Guys,

Holy ****.  Where is Ji?  What did you do with him!?  A glass half full perspective.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IronTy said:

While waiting for the WB 12Z frames to load I was thinking if I was a weather service I would invest a ton of money on computing power and brag in advertisements that my maps loaded quickest so if you subscribed to my service you would be the first weenie to be able to show the maps in tweets and on the boards.  Seems like a legit strategy.  

The pivotal free site does seem to spit out the 3 hour intervals slightly before TT gets the next six hour interval.

2 minutes ago, Imgoinhungry said:

Holy ****.  Where is Ji?  What did you do with him!?  A glass half full perspective.

He's finally getting it. I'll say it one more time... you have to be truly heartfelt nice to wx models and Ma Nature or else. It's killing Ji that I went 2 for 2 and he went 1 for 2 so he's trying to catch up. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic