Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The part about the NAVGEM being part of the "big three" is what makes me think it's just a trolling deal. Anyone who follows weather models even the slightest bit here knows the NAVGEM is not a legit model for the kind of storms we are talking about.

I wouldn’t necessarily characterize it as trolling but instead excessive optimism for a specific weather outcome.

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Big snows for Puerto Rico on the UKMET, probably.

Ha just curious on the swell aspect of the potential storm. There hasnt really been a decent nor'easter in a while.

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In Lansing , Michigan?

I no longer reside there, it always sucked seeing you guys get blasted with nothing in MI though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No, I get what you mean and I was always leery of that..its just frustrating to see it actually breaking that way in a season in which very little has gone right for MBY. Obviously I know the ens mean is usually a useful tool, but like any other, the upper bounds of its utility is the degree to which we can deploy it effectively. That is forever a work in progress.

I was obviously speaking from emotion to a degree; I admitted that.

3 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

We were told the ens were utterly useless for this type of storm. Don't think we should be getting excited cause they're not running over central PA.  Can't have it both ways when they suddenly jack ones backyard

Reading comprehension is a very effective tool if you possess it and know how to use it.

We’ve likely seen the farthest extent of the west “overcompensation” and ensuing will be a collapse back SE. How much … ?

I think the low-level cold air that’s being delivered on Saturday is probably not getting properly resolved at this particular range in the models. So whatever happens I would probably stall any kind of warm sector intrusion - that would be my educated guess for 132 hour system. Whether that means holding on to snow longer holding on a mix longer going over to some ice or just being a 32° cold rain after front white wall, notwithstanding 

The other area of sensitivity for me revolves around what is going on with the NAO in Friday system as wave brakes and it sits there I don’t understand how that thing is going to pull out to the north that readily if the NAO really does flip signs, which is what the models have been selling the last day  

Plus the things I talked about earlier in the day regarding what’s really going to get relayed off the Pacific Ocean starting tomorrow and then again at 60 hours. 

Those are some leap out reasons why I said I am by no way sold on any of those positions in New York State

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The part about the NAVGEM being part of the "big three" is what makes me think it's just a trolling deal. Anyone who follows weather models even the slightest bit here knows the NAVGEM is not a legit model for the kind of storms we are talking about.

23 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

I wouldn’t necessarily characterize it as trolling but instead excessive optimism for a specific weather outcome.

It's delusional is what it is. The grandiose, unrealistic ideas that come with every post is nuts. Getting the NAV out of your top 3 would be a good start to reform 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

No but things are contradicting. Are we to use the ens at this lead time for this type of storm or not?

My whole point was that they seemed clueless bc they were simply chasing the OP, but this is the first suite that they aren't...that is all. I don't expect a foot of snow. Jesus, starting to think the less one says on here the better.