Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It’s not super far from being a 12/16/07 type coastal. If you recall, that was originally supposed to track into BUF but the high got better and eventually we got a triple point over SE MA…and of course the big snow thump. 

Yeah the antecedent airmass is pretty tasty.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup. Take those means and heave them. IIRC I think Steve knows how to remove ens members on weathermodels and effectively create a true-er mean. I’ll have to find out how. 

Someone smarter than me would probably say that's not an appropriate use of the tool.

Just now, BombsAway1288 said:

We were told the ens were utterly useless for this type of storm. Don't think we should be getting excited cause they're not running over central PA.  Can't have it both ways when they suddenly jack ones backyard

Are you new here?

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Maybe but If there are a few rogue bermuda members which have close to 0% chance of panning out, why not remove them to get a better picture/mean?

I'm not sure...probably because whatever is making them do that isn't a 0% probability...and it's even more likely that some toned down version of the perturbation that is making them do that is not a 0% probability.