Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No it’s not. It’s the same or at least increased the westward side.  Upstate NY saw biggest changes.  Here’s 12z.

137BC772-23E3-4207-AD9F-394A11EDAB6F.thumb.png.4e76a9bfdb38cafc063e677b2760e6c6.png

No 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We’ve likely seen the farthest extent of the west “overcompensation” and ensuing will be a collapse back SE. How much … ?

I think the low-level cold air that’s being delivered on Saturday is probably not getting properly resolved at this particular range in the models. So whatever happens I would probably stall any kind of warm sector intrusion - that would be my educated guess for 132 hour system. Whether that means holding on to snow longer holding on a mix longer going over to some ice or just being a 32° cold rain after front white wall, notwithstanding 

The other area of sensitivity for me revolves around what is going on with the NAO in Friday system as wave brakes and it sits there I don’t understand how that thing is going to pull out to the north that readily if the NAO really does flip signs. You have to models have been selling that.  

Plus the things I talked about earlier in the day regarding what’s really going to get relayed off the Pacific Ocean starting tomorrow and then again at 60 hours. 

Those are some leap out reasons why I said I am by no way sold on any of those positions in New York State

We tried to tell Freak 

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I’d agree with that. The spread looks like it’s larger on the 18z run. 

I think when guidance is in an unsavory position, increased uncertainty is a positive development.  That was really all my point was in relation to the GEFS...not hugging them per se.

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Actually that 18z is better in my back yard, than it was at 12z…so for me it trended SE.  

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No 

We tried to tell Freak 

Lol ok one or two counties of CT went from 48% to 52%.  I forget how IMBY we all are despite large increases in PA and upstate NY.  I just hate poor analysis on easily read models :lol:.

• Haha 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

It was SE for me..it’s a fact. Just saying what it showed here. If that’s being a weenie, that’s just fine. 

I feel like there is a lot on the line with this storm. Both regions feasting for the white stuff.  I think I’m on the outside looking in, so I’m just kicking back and watching the fangs fly.

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My whole point was that they seemed clueless bc they were simply chasing the OP, but this is the first suite that they aren't...that is all. I don't expect a foot of snow. Jesus, starting to think the less one says on here the better.

Your point was a great point and is something that provided a good deal of value to discussion. People interpret how they want

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My whole point was that they seemed clueless bc they were simply chasing the OP, but this is the first suite that they aren't...that is all. I don't expect a foot of snow. Jesus, starting to think the less one says on here the better.

I thought that after reading earlier this morning.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I feel like there is a lot on the line with this storm. Both regions feasting for the white stuff.  I think I’m on the outside looking in, so I’m just kicking back and watching the fangs fly.

Hopefully we get something we can sink our teeth into.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It was SE for me..it’s a fact. Just saying what it showed here. If that’s being a weenie, that’s just fine. 

It’s also not SE… maybe it increased you by 3% on front end thump before rain?  Minor increase in snowfall isn’t a tick SE per se when PA/upstate NY see the largest increases is what I was trying to say.  I want it east too.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

There is a great deal on the line with this storm. While the focus is on snow vs. no snow this storm (regardless of snow or not) could be very impactful. You have high wind potential so there will be risk for power outages and given the degree of cold behind the storm (for at least a few days anyway) that could be bad news for some then you have the risk for what could be rather devastating coastal flooding if those cards play out. 

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Lol ok one or two counties of CT went from 48% to 52%.  I forget how IMBY we all are despite large increases in PA and upstate NY.  I just hate poor analysis on easily read models :lol:.

To use the popular saying from earlier today, are you new here? :lol:

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I was merely saying it increased a lil from 12z. Nothing more. No fangs. No bite. Just an observation for that run. Probably means nothing. But was just saying what it showed here. 

• Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I was merely saying it increased a lil from 12z. Nothing more. No fangs. No bite. Just an observation for that run. Probably means nothing. But was just saying what it showed here. 

I haven’t looked hard, but that could be a result of some Uber west members maybe not so far west anymore, thus increasing the snow probs a bit?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Outside looking in? The thump looks pretty legit on most models off the cape. It may all get washed awY, but enjoy the snow 

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The funny thing is we all want the same thing… east, so the mid-level fun over PA and SYR can angle northeast and not up into Ontario/Quebec.  I will admit I get triggered a bit by map interpretations that I think miss the larger image lol.  Hopefully it actually goes southeast.

• Like 1