Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

14 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Actually taking the GFS verbatim for the concerns of snow going over to rain...in the GFS scenario we may actually dry slot before any transition to rain can happen lol. With H7 tracking that far west and as developed as it is there would certainly be a mean dry slot. 

That’s a very possible scenario . You grab 6-9” and then drizzle , fropa , glacier. I favor that as a SNE outcome 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Those off hour runs tend to be a lot wonkier. 18z GFS is usually more progressive so I'd like to see a continuation at 0z to see if there's any hope.

Good to see the GEFS trend east though.

Up to this point the GFS op has led the ensembles.  Maybe starting with the 18z the ensembles are going to show the op the way forward.

36 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Well, in all fairness,  there could still be a monster snowstorm somewhere in New England out of this system, it just might not meet blizzard criteria.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Really big snowstorm? Maybe. Blizzard? Not happening and shouldn't be thrown around here like it's even a 50/50 chance of happening at this point

• Like 1

10:1 maps were garbage last storm b/c ratios were obviously going to be much higher and 10:1 maps are going to be garbage this storm b/c ratios probably going to be less than 10:1 (except maybe the farther north you go). Too worry to really worry about ratios but something to start considering soon.

1 hour ago, BombsAway1288 said:

My god with the ridiculous hyperbole. There is not going to be a "monster blizzard" anywhere in NE. Give it rest already. You must be like 13 y/o or something

Go ahead and keep looking at the GFS, it’s full of shit. There can and will be a monster blizzard somewhere in New England with a low that powerful. Liking big blizzards doesn’t make me a goddamn infant, idk what to tell you. Also remember last December? The same storm that was modeled to cut into Wisconsin ended up at roughly this lead time ended up giving Boston a foot? 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, George001 said:

Go ahead and keep looking at the GFS, it’s full of shit. There can and will be a monster blizzard somewhere in New England with a low that powerful. Liking big blizzards doesn’t make me a goddamn infant, idk what to tell you. Also remember last December? The same storm that was modeled to cut into Wisconsin ended up at roughly this lead time ended up giving Boston a foot? 

Thank you, I will keep looking at the GFS. Pretty good model. You know damn well that if it did show a BM track with a "blizzard" to the coast you would be all over posting about how good it's been since its upgrade and how that'll be the final solution.

You're right, liking them doesn't make you child but saying that they're gonna happen with EVERY SINGLE piece of energy that exits the east coast, just like you do, does in fact make you a child. I remember being in middle school too, hearing a storm of some sort was on the horizon and thinking "wow! major blizzard!!!!!" These were my thoughts as a 12 y/o and obviously this is how you think now at whatever age you're at. Sad. Here's some advice for you, grow up and get a grip!

• Haha 2

Just now, BombsAway1288 said:

Thank you, I will keep looking at the GFS. Pretty good model. You know damn well that if it did show a BM track with a "blizzard" to the coast you would be all over posting about how good it's been since its upgrade and how that'll be the final solution.

You're right, liking them doesn't make you child but saying that they're gonna happen with EVERY SINGLE piece of energy that exits the east coast, just like you do, does in fact make you a child. I remember being in middle school too, hearing a storm of some sort was on the horizon and thinking "wow! major blizzard!!!!!" These were my thoughts as a 12 y/o and obviously this is how you think now at whatever age you're at. Sad. Here's some advice for you, grow up and get a grip!

WinterWolf?

• Haha 1