• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

Just now, PhineasC said:

I still think a slight jump back west 36-48 out is likely. Just hope it doesn’t get way OTS before it happens. 

I don't see this as OTS and whiffing most. JMHO. Maybe I'll be wrong with a track near the Cape and ACK..but I don't think it whiffs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

This sounds like one of those fake “congrats DC” posts Jerry used to post in the MA forum. LOL

lol honestly man, Will shares a shot of his kids outside shoveling 0.35” of snow and it’s like damn, that’s cool.

Theres a lot of folks on the forum who haven’t had snow on the ground, no need to be selfish if they can get one. I’d root for good people.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah exactly. There’s no mind games there. It ain’t happening up north so why not cheer it on for someone.  

My son was pissed we missed the snow yesterday. Could not believe it because the GFS showed like 2". I showed him a sounding to show why the GFS was wrong. :lol: 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I think it's real, but I sort of envision the low developing just offshore and moving north as an elongated low dueling out those features before bombing near the Cape. The GFS track or a bit west of that looks reasonable.

That's one helluva good analysis....at least based on the 12z models.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol honestly man, Will shares a shot of his kids outside shoveling 0.35” of snow and it’s like damn, that’s cool.

Theres a lot of folks on the forum who haven’t had snow on the ground, no need to be selfish if they can get one. I’d root for good people.

I'll gladly give you all my snow.  I have no need or desire for it.  I enjoy tracking them more than the outcome.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'll gladly give you all my snow.  I have no need or desire for it.  I enjoy tracking them more than the outcome.

Appreciate the gesture.  You're a good man, ha.  We can't control it anyway.  I just hope someone sees something.  It seems quite selfish to wish it away for everyone if I can't get involved, so you cheer for your friends.

The angle of attack has seemed to change in the past few days.  More easterly motion leaving the coast than north.  Would need to see some adjustments there to go back to deeper interior snows.  Of course there's always the H6-H7 snows are further back than we think too.

Yeah I'm still thinking this comes back west some...they usually do when you have that nice consolidated vort energy near base of trough and when there's some sfc reflection chasing convection. We actually saw this somewhat in the 12/17/20 storm last winter.

We're obviously dealing with an eastward trend this 12z cycle, but there's still plenty of cycles left.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Appreciate the gesture.  You're a good man, ha.  We can't control it anyway.  I just hope someone sees something.  It seems quite selfish to wish it away for everyone if I can't get involved, so you cheer for your friends.

The angle of attack has seemed to change in the past few days.  More easterly motion leaving the coast than north.  Would need to see some adjustments there to go back to deeper interior snows.  Of course there's always the H6-H7 snows are further back than we think too.

Trajectory is always the key up here, A BM north close to eastport in the GOM works, A BM NE to east of the tip of NS does not, That's why i prefer a low tracking over 41/70 if it goes NE from there, In the GOM, Same, Its still a decent hit, You prefer it tracking over PWM though, That would melt most of the whole board here in NE.....lol

• Like 3

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic