• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Hey Captain caveman, the point is you have folks ready to jump off a bridge over one run of the goofus when we’re still 60-72 hrs out. Behaving Like the 12z runs today are the divinities answer on this.  

i know what the point is, you clown. but I don't think that it is a point that needs to be made over and over again. let the weenies be weenies.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Would we want to see more diffluence down stream from the vortmax?

Yeah you want to see that ridging poking further north into Quebec, but in my experience, model guidance tends to underestimate the ultimate strength of these consolidated vortmaxes and associated amplification. Maybe it doesn't happen this time, but I'd be somewhat surprised if we don't start seeing a bit of a shift back west all else equal. If we get more confluence up north, then obviously that would offset a stronger vortmax.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

If you look at eps, you’ll note that the stronger solutions are all tucked.   Don’t be shocked if some of you taint and blame the euro while the euro family ensembles hinted all along.

Still a good spread even at 72h....clearly a decent cluster still west of the BM.

Jan4_12zEPS72.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Woof most of those members are bad, about 20% get 3-6” + for SE NE.  The vast majority are a whiff to 1-3”.

Well, all of the ensembles deal with the same ingest...if they all are underestimating the vort, then it shouldn't be a surprise. If it still looks like this in 24 hours, okay....but I have a hunch those 970s on the western end of the envelop may gain more credence.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Woof most of those members are bad, about 20% get 3-6” + for SE NE.  The vast majority are a whiff to 1-3”.

I saw the same, way too many meager members at this lead time. Looks like the gfs may have had the right idea all along of more a grazer, reeling the euro in from it’s zonked hugger and interior crusher idea.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I saw the same, way too many meager members at this lead time. Looks like the gfs may have had the right idea all along of more a grazer, reeling the euro in from it’s zonked hugger and interior crusher idea.

Will you be up past 1AM tonight?

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic