• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

Actually ... now that I've seen and compared the 12z 72 to this one's 66 ...

a .. spending waaay too much time for sanity on a f'n NAM solution differential that is outside of 48 hours

b .. these differences noted earlier on in this 18z run, don't end up being very meaningful at 500 mb ...with very little morphology if any.   So, shallower eject was perhaps too minor to matter.   Plus, the leading eastern Lakes S/W contention didn't seem to effect matters either.   

Not sure about the sfc but .. heh...  losing interest in this particular, probably ultimately meaningless analysis - heh

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think @Allsnowmade that same observation....not good. Damn mid atl event is slowing...

It’s the lead wave coming in tomorrow night. We need better wave spacing so the flow isn’t to flat along the coast. The RGEM at 18z was so much better with wave spacing. Should be a huge hit for sne 

63CD965F-6091-490A-94B5-6C25B2F8070B.png

• Like 1

Here's H5 on the RGEM....you can see how nicely the vort is curling up into ACY area (and eventually LI) and it's tight enough that there's good downstream ridging....it's a bit more efficient in that department than the 18z NAM which is why the RGEM was a big hit and the NAM was more of a moderate event.

image.png.d483bcef1f68301f8e841af7e7ddd936.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've been looming during this one. A lot going on. 

I'm extremely bullish for winter storm warnings for majority of the area and would be much more concerned about ptype issues on South coast and islands instead of whiff. 

I think tonight is when operationals start to catch hint this thing is a legitimate moderate plowable snowstorm for the majority of posters in SNE. Ensembles and mid levels have remained encouraging despite some extreme microanalyzing. 

I'm wary of amounts up to 6-12" as mentioned by Ray, but he put a lot more time than I did into this. 

Follow the ML + ens.... Snowstorm coming. 

P.s. Clear we have some angst in here with some of our western friends. Lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

All theoretical and specific to this out-of-range guidance, but that 18z RGEM could have been a much bigger hit than depicted verbatim... the convection further east is probably interfering with conveyor belt

I noticed that on the nam. It starts out as a really tiny area of precip. I was wondering if the moisture to the east was interfering with it.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic