• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I feel like you’ve been saying this pretty frequently since the season started. 

That was before 12/20. When we thought it looked better, but the -PNA just was on roids and did not really shift east. If you go to the January pattern thread, this period after the 10th looks pretty good. So my comment about the gravy period I think stands. 
Weather is weather. Sometimes it doesn’t behave the way we think. Likewise if this doesn’t shift west, oh well. Out of my control until the next time a similar thing happens and it goes from the benchmark to tainting Kevin. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That was before 12/20. When we thought it looked better, but the -PNA just was on roids and did not really shift east. If you go to the January pattern thread, this period after the 10th looks pretty good. So my comment about the gravy period I think stands. 
Weather is weather. Sometimes it doesn’t behave the way we think. Likewise if this doesn’t shift west, oh well. Out of my control until the next time a similar thing happens and it goes from the benchmark to tainting Kevin. 

I know man I’m just busting you. I hope this isn’t one of those seasons where we keep kicking the can down the road and when it’s time to pick it up, it’s March 1st.   It is what it is though, it will snow again… perspective is key. I’m not sure if the younger weenies on here have enough of it though to be able to get them through this.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I know man I’m just busting you. I hope this isn’t one of those seasons where we keep kicking the can down the road and when it’s time to pick it up, it’s March 1st.   It is what it is though, it will snow again… perspective is key. I’m not sure if the younger weenies on here have enough of it though to be able to get them through this.

Cue Dryslut’s kicking the can images

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Literal verbal tongue lashings and fights amongst weather friends going on after a few whiff believers started drinking and/ or smoking weed  . Sucks to see it . 

Weed doesn’t make one angry at all. It’s the alcohol that destroys lives and tears people apart. So sad to see it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Soundings looked nice. I’ll take a 3-6” snow and run. Or any snow for that matter. 

I don’t get the forum aversion to a 3-6” snowfall.  Sure, it’s not a big bomb or as exciting, but 3” or more is where a landscape goes from perpetual autumn to “hey it’s winter.”

This winter 3-6” is a big deal too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don’t get the forum aversion to a 3-6” snowfall.  Sure, it’s not a big bomb or as exciting, but 3” or more is where a landscape goes from perpetual autumn to “hey it’s winter.”

I think the angst in this case is that the 3-6" stripe area is getting narrower and narrower it seems each cycle. At 12z it was mostly confined to a coastal strip on the globals.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s just been tough because we’ve had a total of 4” since Nov 1st, spread over multiple events, there’s no ice on the ponds and Berkshire East has about 4 trails open. 
I’m sure it can get better in a hurry but it’s been a tough start.

You’ve had 4” total this winter?  Wow I definitely thought it was a bit better down in the RT 2 area.  Still knew it was bad but that’s worth b*tching about.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

3” on Xmas Eve was a big deal . It’s why you cherish every single 1-3” snow event. You never know when it could be your last .(let’s see who jumps on that one) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

1. Smaller events are usually shorter events and that means you might not be able to enjoy them due to work or sleep.

2. In places that don't get snow events very often, there can be a feeling like you have to cash in on every chance that you get because you can't count or another to look forward to.

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic