• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

yeah not going to lie, it looks terrible. but also, it's not (yet) hugely relevant

It's definitely relevant. You can't just discard major model runs. Every "bad" run makes a "good" outcome a little less likely. But that doesn't mean it can't come storming back tomorrow... just that it's slightly less likely.

Just now, eduggs said:

It's definitely relevant. You can't just discard major model runs. Every "bad" run makes a "good" outcome a little less likely. But that doesn't mean it can't come storming back tomorrow... just that it's slightly less likely.

I can discard a single run of the NAM, absolutely - watch me. When the 0z suite is over, if it is lending support to one or more globals, then I'll bring it into the fold. By itself, it's not relevant. I've seen it be on NAM island more times than I can remember.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eduggs said:

I’m discounting every piece of guidance that shows a weaker solution because it doesn’t make sense with a shortwave that powerful and negatively tilted.

Just now, Cmass495 said:

Screenshot_1.png

disgusting, makes me sick! I hope they discontinue that piece of shit model! 

• Weenie 2

Just now, IowaStorm05 said:

Well it looked bad today on some Euro ensembles or something like that I saw those. There’s definitely something in the mix that threatens this outcome entirely.

The eps came west last run, but it’s important to note there were 2 camps, 1 was the stronger solutions with a farther west track (mixing would be the concern) and another with father east, weaker solutions (low strength would be the concern).

1 minute ago, George001 said:

I’m discounting every piece of guidance that shows a weaker solution because it doesn’t make sense with a shortwave that powerful and negatively tilted.

disgusting, makes me sick! I hope they discontinue that piece of shit model! 

There is pretty decent snows shown on that run to PHL or so due to the s/w but ultimately the transfer or evolutionary process of the coastal is jacked...that could be due to extremely fast flow or many factors but its probably the extreme end of the worst case scenario of how a s/w that good could fail for places PHL on North and east

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The EPS and euro haven’t exactly been on a heater.

and the NAM has? I love the NAM, because weenie reasons, but you gotta love it for what it is and not try to change it into the perfect girlfriend I mean weather model.

10 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I mean that looks really bad. And this was what some people said was an important reveal? 

It gives me about an inch. A light inch. 

It doesn’t just look weaker. It looks dead. Trustworthy or not I don’t like that. And it’s not the first time today something hinted at super weak. I saw those ensembles.

Thats what she said...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

and the NAM has? I love the NAM, because weenie reasons, but you gotta love it for what it is and not try to change it into the perfect girlfriend I mean weather model.

The NAM is always unpredictable as to when its handling an event well or not...often times when from 48 or beyond it continually shows the same thing over and over its onto something...that theory failed a few days ago though when up until 30 hours out it was the only model missing the MA by 200 miles consistently.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

The problem looked to be that convection off NC forming another low further out.

The surface isn't the problem. Weather isn't generated at the surface. Ls and Hs don't do anything - they have no causal effect. They form and evolve in response to what happens in the upper levels.

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

Look at it this way.  How often has the NAM been right at this point in time vs the Euro?  Easy decision.

i will say, there's a fallacy here - the NAM has 6 hours on the "current" Euro. my point is, I'd like to see the whole 0z suite

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic