• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So far NAM is disappointing.  The next model to pay attention to is gfs.  Yes RGEM but it has sucked for years.  We look at ICON because it’s early and I’m guilty but does it have any value?   So let’s see what gfs says in 20-30 minutes.

I like the RGEM a lot. Definitely in the top 3 at 48 hours. The ICON is useful for trends. I wish they would release a hi-res version of the ICON like they have in Europe.

3 minutes ago, eduggs said:

I like the RGEM a lot. Definitely in the top 3 at 48 hours. The ICON is useful for trends. I wish they would release a hi-res version of the ICON like they have in Europe.

I think it's a preemptive defense mechanism to shit on the only hand that is feeding us right now :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The last thing I want is a 1-3" consolation reach around from mother nature....if I can't get a half decent storm, just save me the gridlock on the commute.

This… I am so far out on a meager event it’s not even funny. The novelty of a 1-3” snowfall wears off after like late a November. If it isn’t going to snow enough to get me a day off Friday, spare me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This is the time frame on the GFS upgrade where it saw some improvement and outscores the Euro, I guess we shall see.

The GFS and the FV3 Hi-Res were garbage on yesterday's "storm".  Yes new storm new analysis, but if it's a pattern related issue, then it may not be as trustworthy as we would like.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic