• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

He's been mia this AM.  Hoping he didn't toaster bath himself last night.

Someone check his bathroom, the water could still be running. Would hate for his wife to have to deal with water damage alone.

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

3-6" for E SNE, a few 4-8" areas... 2-4" out in the ORH area, 1-3" further west and north

Better than nothing

That’s what I have. Looks good.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The closer guidance (even euro) has a nice band ahead of the main action. That’s probably a fluff band that will dump a couple extra inches where that sets up well north and west. 

Yeah, that's been popping up pretty consistently.  Some will be having radar hallucinations thinking the storm is well N&W while we wait for the coastal to take over.

Gotta say the RGEM has been remarkably steadfast, not waffling too much.  Still feel like a track inside the BM is the endgame.  We should see the 12z GFS come west inline with other guidance.

Clearly this evolved into a flatter system than what some people where hoping to see but like tip said, still could be overdoing the stretching of the wavelengths. Quick hitter regardless but could still be fun.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ve never seen anything like it. Over the nam. Which at 6z also does not mean much to me. Nothing has changed from yesterday. I don’t buy those  eastward solutions. 

Wasn't just him either, Hope we will not have this every time there is a threat, One model in a pkg comes out and they lose there sh it.

Yeah, that's been popping up pretty consistently.  Some will be having radar hallucinations thinking the storm is well N&W while we wait for the coastal to take over.

Remember that one storm that was supposed to get sucked out east by a leading vort and it just didn't happen? Models couldn't get it right from 6 hours out, they just kept adjusting to reality. Anyone remember the date? (I feel that one was more miller a, so probably not a good analog, but I just want to know when it was)

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We do unprepared fukups well here. Schools quickly went from open to 2hr delays to full closures. 

We’ve got busses that still haven’t made it to school yet here…..lol….everyone all up in arms about how they didn’t delay opening - not sure but I think it just hit right before school opening……tough call

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic