• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

There were a couple busts in March '18 down here that got me close, but 2010 was special in that department.

March 2018 was orgasmic for me despite the bust near the start of the month....not only was I near the jackpot during a special month, but I called that a whole season nearly to a tee. Very gratifying.

Been paying for it ever since lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

I thought I remember early yesterday, or Sunday Eve, folks saying that the airmass was marginal for this? What changed all of a sudden? Or was the airmass always looking decent?  Now I see folks saying it’s frigid? 

Who said frigid? Surface is marginal here, but interior is fine. Plenty cold enough 925-850.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

I thought I remember early yesterday, or Sunday Eve, folks saying that the airmass was marginal for this? What changed all of a sudden? Or was the airmass always looking decent?  Now I see folks saying it’s frigid? 

I've only started looking at this in depth over the last day, so I can't comment on that but the cold dump preceding this looks really good.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Who said frigid? Surface is marginal here, but interior is fine. Plenty cold enough 925-850.

Yeah the surface is kind of meh...not one of those systems where it's 7F at ORH when it starts, but that doesn't matter because it's plenty cold off the deck. Type of system where it might start near the coast around freezing but then it drops to like 27-28 as the storm gets cranking. Interior is prob mostly in the 20s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

I hate to drag this back up after all the back and forth bickering last night...but you said you remembered it being before Christmas. Are you by chance thinking of Dec 19-20, 2009? Still not 30-35"...but it was likely double digits in Coventry going by snowfall maps. Had about 20" here in Clinton. http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/2010/19-Dec-09.html 

No because I’m December 2009 I was in Reno being buried by major snows there.

There is a dot over the spot on the map of the snowfall I was in in CT where totals were greater than 14 inches on Boxing Day. That spot is right over where I was. It’s a page or three back I posted it here 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. 00z Jan 4 model cycle: just beginning to formulate consensus, but a ways to go.
  • Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic