• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Are you on the scooter train with the worry hugging? Or on the sliding east train ?

This is coming back west at least somewhat IMHO. I don't know if it will be an actual hugger, but I'd favor something inside the BM.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

To clarify, a hugger is fine west of 95 if it goes to the Cape. 

Yeah it kind of takes a wide-ish turn and then bombs rapidly, so when that happens, you can actually get it pretty close and still stay snow...plus antecedent airmass is strong. You'd prob need a canal cutter to mix 95 in this setup.

2 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I think I’m cooked with an inside BM track. Heck, even an outside BM bombing storm likely flips to rain here. What we lack in snow gets made up in spring weather. 

What? It gets made up with lovely mild summers. Isn't spring just ceaseless fog and mud for you, or is that just down here? Spring is my least favorite season. I never liked spring... anywhere in the US really.

26 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That would....a rainer following the mid atl MECS and arctic shot would send me into major melt mode....probably one tier down from my record melt of Feb 2010.

That was a special melt. They were busing people out of the radioactive exclusion zone in eastern Mass. for weeks after that one.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

That was a special melt. They were busing people out of the radioactive exclusion zone in eastern Mass. for weeks after that one.

That sucked, but it was such a bizarre setup and we already had two double digit storms that winter. I didn’t take it as bad.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it kind of takes a wide-ish turn and then bombs rapidly, so when that happens, you can actually get it pretty close and still stay snow...plus antecedent airmass is strong. You'd prob need a canal cutter to mix 95 in this setup.

Thanks for backing up my thoughts.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic