• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Just gotta curl that vortmax in more like previous runs. It looks like it wants to and then it just keeps pushing east.

This isn't our first rodeo...we know how it goes inside of 72hr. That's why I can't post very seriously in that 3+ day range. If it trends in our favor...great. If not, oh well. There will be others.

Today's runs look like they want to chase that convection to the east, Euro was even moreso.

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If this trends any later with development/closing off its NBD for most 

sugar coat that however it tickles your ween

That’s the key. Advisory level stuff unless you get clipped by the ccb. 
Many haven’t even had a 1” snowfall yet though so just covering the grass with advisory snows would be thrilling.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I honestly cannot believe the folks thinking whiff lol. We are 2.5 days from start time. 

Here’s a hint SE ridge 

What did the Euro do with DC storm? How’d that turn out? 

Weird that this annoying lp system is forming right on top of a ridge

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Today's runs look like they want to chase that convection to the east, Euro was even moreso.

You don't even have to look at the surface to see that guidance has shifted everything east. Look at H5 - best PVA is SE. The surface is just a reflection of the upper level divergence/convergence.

Good thing is that if this sharpens up 10 %, the SLP ends up 100 miles NW. There will be plenty more changes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Maybe it's just me, but I kind of like this look...

image.png.b0f6e60d436c67e042d4061982a655b2.png

I'd like to see more short wave ridging rollin' up out ahead of that trough nadir, but the vort track its self is climo on point.

Someone mentioned the scant QPF NW of the low - I'd be willing suggest not having that ridge rollout is part of that problem, because we end up with a weaker wrap around elevate warm conveyor ...the one up at 700- 600 mb/trowal

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, eduggs said:

You don't even have to look at the surface to see that guidance has shifted everything east. Look at H5 - best PVA is SE. The surface is just a reflection of the upper level divergence/convergence.

Good thing is that if this sharpens up 10 %, the SLP ends up 100 miles NW. There will be plenty more changes.

The whole trough is further east @H5 then 06z, Whose disputing that? Of course at the surface it will be east as well, But that blob off the coast is playing a roll in it too if the s/w is weaker then modeled, If not, It won't matter.

It's either going to snow, or it won't.

What makes this all the more exciting is the potential for drastic model shifts inside 48hrs, which are not all that common.  Keeps us all riveted right up until go time, but in that case we need to rely on factors such as climatology, field dynamics and experience in order to project what actually may occur.

Good stuff!

• Weenie 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic