Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

6 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

still looking at Thur Friday morning for onset for this one possibly? I'm leaving early Fri morning for GA, that would make for an interesting drive... know it's a ways out, but it originally was going to be a weekend event

No that is the first system that is a longer shot imho. It could produce something but I’d favor the one behind it which would be next weekend. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Good signal on EPS but plenty of spread a week out

1723FC6B-8004-4EB1-887F-85046D41AC8D.png

A5B6C15E-CDAD-4023-88A3-6F7121F8CDA1.png

yeah, considering what that looked like yesterday at this time, that's an improvement for two reasons..

1 .. it is more nucleated

2 .. it is not as fused in with that Maritime low at the top of the frame.  Yesterday the mean was clearly interfering those. They may still be, but less

Just now, radarman said:

How about a small thursday night event with a n stream disturbance?  

Euro actually had some really light snow with that. Even a stripe of 1” or so along rt 2 and prob a coating for pike region.  But it needs some help to be more than a nuisance. Definitely possible though. 

• Thanks 1

The euro op run was too far south, but it had a big storm which is nice to see this far out, the details can be worked out later. The ensembles improved and look better for our area, the mean at 180 hours is around 4 inches. Considering it has the Thursday storm whiff, that’s all next weekend. A mean of 4 inches that far out for 1 storm is huge. There are a decent amount of close misses on the indies, but several with massive blizzards. 

44 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No that is the first system that is a longer shot imho. It could produce something but I’d favor the one behind it which would be next weekend. 

appreciate the info, so I should be good to travel without hinder? I'm driving so that's my concern

Just now, tavwtby said:

appreciate the info, so I should be good to travel without hinder? I'm driving so that's my concern

I would never guarantee at 5 days out that you are good. But right now Friday looks fine…but definitely keep checking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

It kind of flew under the radar, but mass dot was advertising on all electric billboard on the state, a need for plow drivers over certain weight, for months and months this fall. 

I'm going to talk about salt, shortages, plows, all I want. Directly related to weather and impacts. Needs to be stressed. Cannot rely on roads to be ready for you this winter. Safety first. 

If you make it political, not my problem. It's just a current event. 

Whoa, chill… I was simply referring to the prior post which specifically sighted Covid as being at least partially if not more so responsible for the shortage of DOT staff in CT.

What's liable to happen here is that some run in the future over the next while will go absolutely crazy with a storm vision.

What is sorta happening in the models through the mid range/extended is that wave space contention is essentially holding back a huge potential lurking in what is really a pretty extraordinary large scale.  As soon as a couple of these wave open up and stop competing, any one of them could go ludicrous 

• Like 2