• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

I feel like I’ve had 3-6” on the ground for weeks now.  Out walking the dog now via headlamp, todays sleet and freezing rain added more heft without depth.  There’s like 5” that the dog can walk on top of around home.  It’s been annoyingly consistent pack but can’t break that like 7” mark.

504C740E-2E56-47D6-B359-2A8658C2EA31.thumb.jpeg.78e22c7b1273d0b2237d3d22b514da94.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s still full coverage here. 3-4” of dense ripe snow in most spots though maybe more like 2” in the most exposed yards on the street. Glad the ice pack is off the driveway though. 

I can't believe you only have an inch or two more than I do after getting twice as much as me Friday. Fluff FTL

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I can't believe you only have an inch or two more than I do after getting twice as much as me Friday. Fluff FTL

I mean, i prob only had about 0.2 extra of QPF? You prob had around 0.4 and I had maybe 0.6? 0.7 if generous. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Now you can see why I worry so much about melting . I think you were planning on full coverage and 4” glacier . Any melting is always a big big concern 

I mean, that’s pretty much exactly what I’m getting? :lol:

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I feel like I’ve had 3-6” on the ground for weeks now.  Out walking the dog now via headlamp, todays sleet and freezing rain added more heft without depth.  There’s like 5” that the dog can walk on top of around home.  It’s been annoyingly consistent pack but can’t break that like 7” mark.

504C740E-2E56-47D6-B359-2A8658C2EA31.thumb.jpeg.78e22c7b1273d0b2237d3d22b514da94.jpeg

Happy birthday to you!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Now you can see why I worry so much about melting . I think you were planning on full coverage and 4” glacier . Any melting is always a big big concern 

Lucky to have a glacier here underneath.  This pack isn't going anywhere.  Could get it real deep going into February.  Glad to probably not have to rely on Feb to build it.

• Thanks 1

Not that anyone should care but I don’t give a bean about snow pack at all …unless the rest base has a chance to break the snow depth record and we were so far removed from anything close to that kind of universe it really doesn’t matter to me - get rid of it

As usual I just like interesting meteorology. 

56 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Same exact deal here. It’s been flattened into a glacial base though. Ready for 3 feet of powder. 

• Like 1