Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

46 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Late 13 -14 still a concern: GEFS in particular likes this bombing storm for a LI/SNE grazer.  Did not start a thread for this due to most modeling and WPC missing east but this probable big ocean storm is a concern by not allowing enough separation between systems for the necessary ridging in the northeast ahead of the next Great Lakes diving short wave - ie depressed weaker further south on the 16th.

The good news for an event are ensembles (GEFS, and especially the EPS) are in favor of a weekend centered snow event and the new overnight WPC D6-7 graphics are added - use time period and the low probs legend to continue D6-7 perspective on 3" chance. The EPS in particular is developing a nice 850 Low just to our south,  Will check back on the modeling this Monday evening.  

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 5.11.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 5.11.41 AM.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Our best chance is for the Friday ocean storm to be a dud in my opinion. Sets the stage better for Sunday.

Agreed. There are going to be plenty of chances though it looks like. There seems to be another potent shortwave behind the weekend deal too if that one fails. 

There is a strong OTS risk for Friday, but man that would be one hell of a storm if it did come to fruition. An intense low, blocking pattern which slows it down on approach, and sufficient arctic air would have widespread 12-18+ across NE. We hope...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He's telling you the same thing we are....moist likely impact from your Friday ocean storm is ruining the next potential.

That is my concern with "threats" everywhere...on the one hand, its chalked full of potential and on the surface it  looks like a great pattern, but the risk for deconstructive interference with too many cooks in the kitchen is heightened.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I have been kind of waiting for something more concrete and imminent to emerge from this sea of potential, but it hasn't happened quite yet.

We've already witnessed all the ways for it not to snow, I called the cold and dry 10 days or so back when this arctic front showed up on models, We can use it though at this time as everything up here was sketchy for ice recreation but it would be nice to see something more imminent on the models.

Just now, dryslot said:

We've already witnessed all the ways for it not to snow, I called the cold and dry 10 days or so back when this arctic front showed up on models, We can use it though at this time as everything up here was sketchy for ice recreation but it would be nice to see something more imminent on the models.

20220110_080701.jpg

Just now, dryslot said:

If that ocean storm doesn't trend significantly weaker and/or further east today, we are probably waiting at least another 10 days.

17 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Cold and dry gave me a foot of snow. Nothing against you but you cold and dry is not bad news down here in the  comparative coastal plain

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

He's telling you the same thing we are....moist likely impact from your Friday ocean storm is ruining the next potential.

That is my concern with "threats" everywhere...on the one hand, its chalked full of potential and on the surface it  looks like a great pattern, but the risk for deconstructive interference with too many cooks in the kitchen is heightened.

Ocean storm should end January threats for the next two weeks, that’s a bomb

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 5