Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

24 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Off topic but i can't pm you either but all of a sudden i'm like over 400% on attachments and 200% in my inbox which were fine a few days back.

John’s trying to redo the subscription services. They’ve been down for awhile after an upgrade and people who had subscriptions were kinda grandfathered in for the time being. That’s my guess.

• Weenie 1

I bet they pretreated, it's just a matter of how much material is needed and the right timing.  Maybe both were off.  Deicing has really become a science the last 10 years or so....it used to be throw a bunch of crap down and if doesn't melt just throw more down.  Yeah and sand really does nothing it just makes people feel good because they can see it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Appleman said:

There is a huge problem with salt contamination of ground water and drinking wells.  This is a growing problem with no easy solution.

Sand does very little (especially without salt added to it) as traffic will kick it out of the wheel paths very quickly.  Research has shown that after 30-40 vehicles going over sand going at 35-40 mph will kick the sand out of the wheel paths.  Then in the spring there are 100's of thousands of tons of sand that have swept up and properly disposed.

To be clear i'm not saying they should go back to sand, but it will stay on the road when it's  raining. Cars.push it off the road very quickly when it's dry.

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

I bet they pretreated, it's just a matter of how much material is needed and the right timing.  Maybe both were off.  Deicing has really become a science the last 10 years or so....it used to be throw a bunch of crap down and if doesn't melt just throw more down.  Yeah and sand really does nothing it just makes people feel good because they can see it. 

They didn’t pretreat last week either.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

John’s trying to redo the subscription services. They’ve been down for awhile after an upgrade and people who had subscriptions were kinda grandfathered in for the time being. That’s my guess.

I got a paypal charge on 01/04 for $25 from AMWX so i'm thinking that's for a subscription?

9 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

It is the same every year in NH...nothing changes...no income tax = no services....On Route 93 North there is always an obvious difference at Exit 1 ....the MA side of 93 close to that exit is always in much better shape compared to the NH side......only gets worse from there....

That’s a new one to me. NH is anal with paving and litter clean up. I feel like the highways usually look great although I haven’t been down near the Mass border in awhile.

7 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

My dad used to say that nuclear power was supposed to be so cheap and safe that they would be able to heat the roads in the winter lol.  Doh!!!

With the way Will has described his hatred of the heated sidewalks at Stowe Mt. I don’t even want to think about what he would do if this was reality. 

• Haha 2

Looking at the 12Z GFS, you can see how complicated the timing of the subtropical and polar jets are going to be over the next few weeks.  Lots of in phase or out of phase troughs a possibility.  Could repeatedly dump snow or have weenies frustrated over what could have been.  Epicosity or analcosity.  

• Haha 1

Just now, 8611Blizz said:

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="10266383" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.78571" data-width="100%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/wolf-gif-10266383">Wolf GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/wolf-gifs">Wolf GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

I used Google translate and your post translated into "what winter?"

• Like 1