Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

One storm provided some of the bigger totals that some had last year though, If you would take that one away, I don't believe it would of been that great for many.

You can say that about a lot of winters though.

Taking away the largest snowfall in a region where part of the snowfall climo is large synoptic storms will obviously make it look worse. 

How does ‘68-69 look when we take away the late Feb ‘69 storm or 2012-2013 look when we take away the Feb blizzard? 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Taking away the largest snowfall in a region where part of the snowfall climo is large synoptic storms will obviously make it look worse. 

How does ‘68-69 look when we take away the late Feb ‘69 storm or 2012-2013 look when we take away the Feb blizzard? 

Last year was more localized though, I think Brian had over 30" + As well as i think hubby, Wasn't Feb 69 a more broader area of large totals? As well as the blizzard in 2013?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yea, most great seasons are great because of a signature event.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Last year was more localized though, I think Brian had over 30" +, Wasn't Feb 69 a more broader area of large totals?

Yeah his area for sure, but isn’t SNE which I referencing in the original post. The Dec 17th storm down here was not like that. We all got roughly in the 12-18” range. A big storm for sure but not like 40-50% of the seasonal total for most. 

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah his area for sure, but isn’t SNE which I referencing in the original post. The Dec 17th storm down here was not like that. We all got roughly in the 12-18” range. A big storm for sure but not like 40-50% of the seasonal total for most. 

It was the biggest storm of winter up here at 9.0", After that it was awful for the most part the rest of the way.

41 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Just an FYI, There's a panic room for some of you to go flip out in, Just let it rip in there, Make it memorable, Should have a grading system for the best melts.

I've been there a couple of times so far. :)

Meanwhile, all we need is a James storm to be realized and our deficits and memories will be erased.  On the other hand, we may be relegated to the panic room for the next two months.  :

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You NNE should be bowing down to nao.  Without it, you wouldn’t be looking out at a snowy landscape today.

It’s generally good, although when we have a full PNA and a strong 50-50 we get screwed over. But you’re right in this situation we have a nice wintery landscape and maybe a great base if we don’t haw too much 

12 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It’s generally good, although when we have a full PNA and a strong 50-50 we get screwed over. But you’re right in this situation we have a nice wintery landscape and maybe a great base if we don’t haw too much 

Kids were getting antsy wanting to test out new winter gear, so went up north. Deep winter Concord-north. Just for the day. Heading back to depression later on. Solid 6-8+" or so OTG and meaty at that. Line of demarcation was literally exit 2 on 93. Could see the ice in the trees still yesterday as we approached. A very sharp line where south of exit 2 had nothing, but a little elevation on the hills (maybe 100' if that) had the icy look.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Kids were getting antsy wanting to test out new winter gear, so went up north. Deep winter Concord-north. Just for the day. Heading back to depression later on. Solid 6-8+" or so OTG and meaty at that. Line of demarcation was literally exit 2 on 93. Could see the ice in the trees still yesterday as we approached. A very sharp line where south of exit 2 had nothing, but a little elevation on the hills (maybe 100' if that) had the icy look.

#spoiled

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

Last year was more localized though, I think Brian had over 30" + As well as i think hubby, Wasn't Feb 69 a more broader area of large totals? As well as the blizzard in 2013?

That was the case at Farmington.   Without the 43" dump in late month, they had only 121" for the winter, ~30" AN.

Euro pretty meh, Looked more like a few cents instead of nickels and dimes.

That's how the Christmas "storm" worked out - forecast 1-2 and final 0.4 (in 10+ hours).