Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

21 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I think we can make a distinction between a Direct cause and a relevant factor. Certainly climate change by itself isn’t causing any particular winter weather event or not. But there are thousands and millions of factors and forces that create the weather and climate changes influencing those, so why there’s no direct causation there’s certainly an influence on our weather all the time when conditions are changing. It doesn’t need to be an either or a conversation I shouldn’t be in my opinion

I mean....if this is climate change, than the PNW will love the new weenie world order....hell of a way to run a warming climate out there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Enough with the attribution of a period of meager snowfall to climate change. It's so silly and really quite infantile. The bottom line is that it would have been difficult to get much snow in SNE during a record RNA in 1732. Climate change is very real, but it isn't why it isn't snowing right now.

I wasn't talking about "climate change".  I was talking about the return to normalcy for snowfalls in New England, where those big SNE snowfall years were an aberration, as were those lackluster years in NNE.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, record NNE snows with very little in SNE is not the climatic normal...more snow in NNE is.

It was just my prediction for the upcoming January, nothing to do with climate change.  Climatic normal meaning more snow for NNE and less for SNE.  Just predicting some record snows for NNE and not much for SNE, compared to normal.  I'm not trying to take your snow away.

1 hour ago, 78Blizzard said:

I wasn't talking about "climate change".  I was talking about the return to normalcy for snowfalls in New England, where those big SNE snowfall years were an aberration, as were those lackluster years in NNE.

1 hour ago, 78Blizzard said:

It was just my prediction for the upcoming January, nothing to do with climate change.  Climatic normal meaning more snow for NNE and less for SNE.  Just predicting some record snows for NNE and not much for SNE, compared to normal.  I'm not trying to take your snow away.

Okay, but surely you understand why predicting "record snows" anywhere as the climatic norm is a bit confusing....its fine to predict an unfavorable outcome, but that was articulated strangely.

8 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

That is what I meant, but could have stated it better I suppose.

Gotcha.

Hopefully if that happens, I end up north of the gradient because I was also significantly below normal last year, while SNE was raking it in. I have been caught in the middle for several years where as I am N of the goods when SNE gets it, and S of the goods when NNE gets it.

12 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

pretty much where I’m at. I’m also totally over the quarter inch or half inch snowfalls. If that’s what we are going to get, I’m all set, I’d rather it just be warm and sunny

Yea, if you noticed....I checked out this week.....didn't care to blog on 2" in CT, a slight glaze Xmas AM, or a supposed inch or two in this area this AM. Mother nature can take the nuisance waves, sit on them and rotate.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I heard ....shows 2'-4' for the northeast. 

Do you have a map to post. It's kind of exciting because it's within 7 days out. 

Well 8-9 days and the euro is a rain event but neither solution has merit one way or the other this far out.  I’d be exited if we were 96 hours and the solution was stable.

• Like 1

Looking at GEPS,GEFS,EPS I see us transitioning out of this dogshit pattern around New Year’s Day give or take a day or 2.   Now it’s not impossible that we’ll get something meaningful before then but to me the pattern looks great beyond around 1/5.    Let’s hope it doesn’t get pushed back!

• Like 1