• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

The potential for one or even two gigantic systems at the end of the month that modeling is still trying to resolve. Granted, we could be talking first couple days of Feb, but I'd bet against dry for the overall period ending around 2/3. Maybe I'd lose.

Im hoping you are right man

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

Been reading WPC twice a day and looking at snow amounts on wunderground (not sure what model blend they use?).  My guess is 1-3 high ratio on Tuesday, I leave for London that night and return Saturday.  I expect to return to a WSWarning for the Saturday pm-Monday period.  That seems reasonable.

Hopefully on Britsh Air and be mask-free.  In any case you'll be able to ditch the mask in heathrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

White Snake 1980s winter. Hopefully it turns around like some of those 2010s winters did. I guess the gold standard for turnaround winters in your backyard is 2006-2007…though that was a Nino. 

Some cherrypicking (though the change was abrupt and lasting):
67 days Nov 8-Jan 13:  Temp 8.2° AN, snow 11.0"
94 days Jan 14-Apr 17:  Temp 5.1° BN, snow 84.3"    (37.2" in April.  Farmington's 36.1" was a foot more than the previous peak in 129 Aprils.)

26 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

The potential for one or even two gigantic systems at the end of the month that modeling is still trying to resolve. Granted, we could be talking first couple days of Feb, but I'd bet against dry for the overall period ending around 2/3. Maybe I'd lose.

I've shoveled a lot of potential so far this winter...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Good rules from Brad P of the SE just put NE in there

20220122_163509.jpg

We just started transitioning from the top category to the start of the 5-7 category today. I know it's actually 1-1.5 days early but it's a big signal and models are latching onto it a tiny bit earlier than normal.