Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

Just now, tamarack said:

Other than Monday's low-ratio (6.7-to-1 plus 0.10" ZR) storm, 2 weeks + of good pattern has produced midgets or whiffs.  Month is still under 10" and average is 19.4.

White Snake 1980s winter. Hopefully it turns around like some of those 2010s winters did. I guess the gold standard for turnaround winters in your backyard is 2006-2007…though that was a Nino. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is prob gonna try and cook up another monster at D9-10 too. The follow up wave that the GFS has shown. 

It's like southern stream actually goes south far enough to just get out of the way and stop firing shortwaves at us for a quick minute.

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

White Snake 1980s winter. Hopefully it turns around like some of those 2010s winters did. I guess the gold standard for turnaround winters in your backyard is 2006-2007…though that was a Nino. 

2006-2007 was a problem on the coast. Biggest snow was about 3 inches in April. 

Just now, IowaStorm05 said:

2006-2007 was a problem on the coast. Biggest snow was about 3 inches in April. 

Yeah that winter was never salvaged on the coastal plain. Even the interior didn’t fully make it up in SNE but we did have a good Feb/Mar. In ORH, I had 5” on 1/31….lol. Finished the season at 49.7 so I did make a solid comeback but it wasn’t enough to dig out of such a deep hole. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Gotta admire the dedication of the troll at least. Day after day, year after year… never breaks character. 

Not to speak for all the warministas, but I genuinely enjoy winter torches. I'm down for a good snowstorm here and there, but winter as a whole is a tough slog.

16 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

This is closer to a more classic look than the GFS version, but they have similarities. Progressive my ass

baxAg72.gif

lol…anytime 2 shortwaves don’t phase in our favor the new reason is a progressive pattern. I mean we’ve seen bigger Pac ridges or a more blocky atlantic, but what we have is anything but progressive.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPS are in the game still. 

1B25651F-F94B-4C94-AEB8-6B48B0969EAC.png

Yeah.. .I'm not sure I buy this continuity break, introducing a bully wave that obtrudes into previous idea and kicks everything

- seems the models having trouble with the fast nature of the flow and timing.  So which features will avail of that window and settle in...?

It's just as likely they revert back to first in the two as the dominant - I mean this is typical for how this works... There is a duple eject through the west and the models yo-yo which wave space to focus upon; seldom do we get both, and usually the first in the series takes the lead, because it's just the ordering ... It was in line so is first to avail of the large scope favorable feed-back. 

The atmosphere is like that - first come, first serve