Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That s/w trough goes negative and then the disturbance in the nrn stream comes in and phases. So that will act to pull it west. 

Would you say that because of where the jet stream is, that it would be trying to pull the dynamics east despite the h5 shortwaves? Or does it not really matter. Just trying to learn a little something, I know it won't verify like that.

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Would you say that because of where the jet stream is, that it would be trying to pull the dynamics east despite the h5 shortwaves? Or does it not really matter. Just trying to learn a little something, I know it won't verify like that.

It’s not in a classic spot at 250. I see what you mean. It’s possible other processes are at work that sort of Override the favorable jet position of where the low should be.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Will just say that I'm not crazy about shifting from day 7 to day 9, if that is correct....again,  have not looked.

There’s two systems. D7 wide right this run and D9 is a hit. Both could miss but you really can’t ask for a lot more given the lead time. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

There’s two systems. D7 wide right this run and D9 is a hit. Both could miss but you really can’t ask for a lot more given the lead time. 

seems like both the gfs and ggem are trying to split the first one as well, who knows how that will evolve

Doggie got us up multiple times thanks to her rhea.  It was like when our daughter was an infant alternating who’s turn It is…lol.  

Up at 5:30 my turn and scud blowing in and me thinking OES incoming.  That was it for the dog but I got up again at 9 to pee and lo and behold fatties were falling and ground was getting white.  Finally up for good at 11:30 and sky clear with scant evidence it snowed.

• Weenie 1