Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

But, But its a progressive pattern.

Jokes aside ..the local hemisphere ( at least ..) has been trying to move ( if perhaps transiently) away from that faster characteristic basal flow state. 

The reason I did not do a thread this morning, is because I am noticing - funny you joked ... - that the runs where that migration is more successful have been resulting in this type of cycle ... 06z also fits..00z mid way.   The ones that don't are like the 12z GFS/Euro operationals - but the ens means were telling us those were outliers so I'm not concerned about that particular rendition as it was a bit extreme in violently whiplashing back to fast flow. 

I'd like to see preferentially fast or slowing because the sensitivity to how this thing effects us appears to be two sources of uncertainty:   SE Canadian U/A ...and that progressive vs slowing nature.  Those are big moving factors to bet against and seeing as this is 8 days away there's no reason we have to thread it out now.  Though admit this thread is getting bogged down -

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Kingsville, MD is at a couple inches. No blasting has occurred Baltimore north other than gangs blasting each other in the city.  

RIC:  3.3

DCA: 12.1

BWI:  11.8

PHL:  4.6

DC/BWI above normal but basically where BOS is with only 1 event.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

RIC:  3.3

DCA: 12.1

BWI:  11.8

PHL:  4.6

DC/BWI above normal but basically where BOS is with only 1 event.

Like I said, that BWI number is from the first storm that had an absurd cutoff. Miles away got basically nothing. The swath of “blasting snows” has been very narrow so far.