Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, don't get me wrong...I'm not punting through NYE....but its just apparent that there is a great deal of volatility and the overall pattern, while improving, is not ideal....so I would adjust expectations accordingly until a plowable event is on your door step.

I think at this rate, the way winter has been going, those plow guys will consider Thursday night/Friday morning a "plowable event." At least the ones who get paid per plowable snowfall... :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

12k NAM looked good...3k was shredded.

12k is prob too juiced, but sometimes these do produce if they can tap a little bit of low level atlantic moisture. RGEM is more subdued as well ,but not as shredded as 3k NAM....RGEM looks like mostly an inch or so with maybe a spot 2" amount. Also has the heaviest down in CT while NAM is further north.

• Like 1

Interesting on the GYX radar you can see what’s likely the snow line around Sunday River, right?  Echoes go more smooth and lower reflectivity sort of on a Bartlett to Andover line.  That higher reflectivity stuff must be mixed?

Then also the weird cellular almost convective looking stuff further north.

4EF37714-2BD8-4026-BFC3-448E2E68E887.jpeg.43842a821e104b75ce67ac5f2bc2944c.jpeg

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting on the GYX radar you can see what’s likely the snow line around Sunday River, right?  Echoes go more smooth and lower reflectivity sort of on a Bartlett to Andover line.  That higher reflectivity stuff must be mixed?

Then also the weird cellular almost convective looking stuff further north.

4EF37714-2BD8-4026-BFC3-448E2E68E887.jpeg.43842a821e104b75ce67ac5f2bc2944c.jpeg

Correct. You can see this when you overlay CC.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, weathafella said:

Paradise Ranger Station (which I visited in June 1990) begs to differ.   To thnk the Cascades don’t get too much snow is to not know the area at all.

I used to live in Washington for a while! I don't think you are understanding what I am saying.  The Cascades don't go right into the ocean.