Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You know it’s bad when people are willing to risk it all for that inch on Xmas Eve day. 

one of these days one of these will drop measurable snow, may not be this winter, but it will happen 

Yeah we are all risking a lot of valuables hoping for an inch or two on Xmas Eve. Hopefully I have enough leftover for presents for the kiddies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah we are all risking a lot of valuables hoping for an inch or two on Xmas Eve. Hopefully I have enough leftover for presents for the kiddies.

:lol:… at the very least… people are wasting time tracking and trying to will a juicier solution. It’s kind of nauseating at this point though. You’d think by dumb luck we’d get something 

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

Well..east based would've meant more cutters..so what did we need ; it further west? 

First of all, even if they did cut west, front enders would mean more snow than this. Secondly, its not just a longitude thing....if the RNA or the NAO ridges were weaker, there would have been less of a gradient.

Regardless, record RNA is difficult to overcome.

• Thanks 1

Well..east based would've meant more cutters..so what did we need ; it further west? 

Yeah further west would have actually been a little better...like over Hudson Bay and even into central Canada, but that is hard to do because it already becomes very west-based by Xmas....something further west is usually from a folded-over PNA ridge or something and not an NAO block.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

TBH, get us passed the holidays, and I prefer the torch to this. Something hopefully gives after the New Year...either shift the longwave pattern that is cursing us with this shear axis, or join the NAO with the heat ridge and be done with it.

I canceled meeting my son on Saturday and I'm leaving on Friday because I was afraid of driving in snow. Is it looking okay now, because I have a 200 mile drive. 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

:lol:… at the very least… people are wasting time tracking and trying to will a juicier solution. It’s kind of nauseating at this point though. You’d think by dumb luck we’d get something 

I mean, people on here track dewpoints all summer and others track 50F temps in winter....2" of snow on Xmas eve sounds like the World Series in comparison. Nobody is forcing anyone else to track these systems.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I'm fine with whatever happens. When and if we get that surprise snowstorm, or that pattern shift it'll be exciting. Life is good regardless. There will be an awesome winter ahead,  and God willing I'll be here to see it. 

Thanks, tiny snowcrazed Tim.

God bless us, each and every one of us.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I mean, people on here track dewpoints all summer and others track 50F temps in winter....2" of snow on Xmas eve sounds like the World Series in comparison. Nobody is forcing anyone else to track these systems.

Agreed, I think it's literally because it's on Christmas Eve..nothing more. Would be a festive look with a couple inches, or even 1"

Any other period, this system would be rightfully deserve a meh. 

Agreed, I think it's literally because it's on Christmas Eve..nothing more. Would be a festive look with a couple inches, or even 1"

Yeah I'd prob barely track it if it wasn't Xmas Eve...and this does have a little bit of upside, because unlike the systems after it, it's not getting shredded to total crap. The shortwave maintains a little bit of integrity. So yeah while C-1" is probably the most common result....there's a legit shot at 2-3" too.

Thing is, if it were a lock, then I would take some solace in that....but odds are it won't be a uniform distribution in the sense that the entire region will get it. That's why I just look past it.

We'd probably have a week of 65F and tropical downpours with parakeets arriving at bird feeders if we didn't have that monster block...that western trough is very deep.

Tip is right that the block is also shredding shortwaves, but if they weren't, they'd be serving us Pina Coladas on the express tropical jet from Havana Cuba.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5