Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s so unlike any other model that it borders on bizarre even at this lead time.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I’m completely tossing it until anything else agrees even remotely. 

Got into the spiked eggnog perhaps? No other model is that intense, Everything else has it shredded.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Climate change is thought to be implicated in more extreme and erratic patterns of late. At this time it’s about western severity of winter today. In 2018-2019 it was the Midwest that was buried in snow and -21 degrees F even in southern IA.

2019-2020 was super mild east coast, but earlier in the decade were some winters where snow totals were record breaking.

2021 saw Texas deep freeze.

They say at the point we are at it’s about extreme patterns both warm and cold, with a less stable arctic and wrinkly jet stream, and there are other problems such as long term drought out west too. 

what is going on out west is said to be likely the exception not the norm…. By a long shot…. But with an erratic jet stream and arctic I’m not convinced we know for sure what will happen beyond just the overall average of earth warming. Long term it will be warmer, and we might see a winter or two without measurable snow on the southeast coast of SNE, but there will be plenty of winters where snow is very very deep too especially nowadays before warming advances more.

I am profoundly jealous of the PNW and Nevada right now, but I’m not fazed. It will get us. 

it will get us eventually that’s a promise 

Lol you're obsessed with a near snowless winter along the south coast..... I think the worst they will do is 8 to 12 inches and more likely 15 to 20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

Lol you're obsessed with a near snowless winter along the south coast..... I think the worst they will do is 8 to 12 inches and more likely 15 to 20.

Thank you. It boarders on unreadable.  And he’s completely wrong anyway…as sure as he says this nonsense, they’ll get hammered soon with a record season. 

• Like 3

Some personal news, victim of layoffs a week ago. Was a shocker. They had told me they were looking for money to promote me twice, as recently as first week of this month. My direct boss fought to keep me, but no luck. Great references at least. 

Have several other serious interviews on-going already. Keeping it quiet for now otherwise. Have interest from media companies in Hartford and Manhattan. Also Boston. Likely I stay in media as of now. We'll see. 

Good hiding environment so don't want to be closed to other opportunities outside of media. 

WHDH is perhaps the worst paying media company I have ever been involved with, they treat their employees terribly. I'll leave it at that. 

Have a positive attitude and looking forward to seeing what's next. Hopefully snow. Because we need it. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Some personal news, victim of layoffs a week ago. Was a shocker. They had told me they were looking for money to promote me twice, as recently as first week of this month. My direct boss fought to keep me, but no luck. Great references at least. 

Have several other serious interviews on-going already. Keeping it quiet for now otherwise. Have interest from media companies in Hartford and Manhattan. Also Boston. Likely I stay in media as of now. We'll see. 

Good hiding environment so don't want to be closed to other opportunities outside of media. 

WHDH is perhaps the worst paying media company I have ever been involved with, they treat their employees terribly. I'll leave it at that. 

Have a positive attitude and looking forward to seeing what's next. Hopefully snow. Because we need it. 

Good luck man.  I got tossed last September but was back in the game pretty quickly.  Hated the job which coincidentally was my first job out of media.  Things will work out for you as well. 

4 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Sorry to hear that big Jay…but you have a great attitude, and you’ll find something in short order for sure. Some smart company will scoop you up, and they’ll be fortunate to have a guy like you. Get ready to start the next chapter. 

Merry Xmas my friend. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Sorry to hear that big Jay…but you have a great attitude, and you’ll find something in short order for sure. Some smart company will scoop you up, and they’ll be fortunate to have a guy like you. Get ready to start the next chapter. 

Merry Xmas my friend. 

Merry Christmas to you too! Really happy I took up day trading last year. Gives me an opportunity to make money no matter what. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Sorry to hear that man, their loss. I’m sure something will Come around quick, hope it’s local!

4 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

TBH, get us passed the holidays, and I prefer the torch to this. Something hopefully gives after the New Year...either shift the longwave pattern that is cursing us with this shear axis, or join the NAO with the heat ridge and be done with it.

It is truly discouraging to see Ray on the precipice of a melt on 12/22.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A few flakes in the air out here this afternoon 

Had some here too while walking the dog.  Hopefully we'll finagle a little more than that over the next week.;)

4 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

:lol:… at the very least… people are wasting time tracking and trying to will a juicier solution. It’s kind of nauseating at this point though. You’d think by dumb luck we’d get something 

Um…that’s why we do this. We track whatever tickles our weenies. If you are nauseated already, take a break. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Sorry to hear, Jay--best wishes in landing the next(and better) thing!!

• Like 2