Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Likely the SE ridge links up with the blocking given massive RNA that is only trending stronger.  That would be a blowtorch pattern

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If we get past NY still chasing our proverbial tails, then I'm going to start to sour on this in a hurry lol

I'm not inclined to think in this direction yet, but it has just as good of a chance as any other solution of verifying. If we end up torching though...we're going to torch. Those anomalies which have been occurring across the South at times (especially this upcoming weekend) have been wild. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm not inclined to think in this direction yet, but it has just as good of a chance as any other solution of verifying. If we end up torching though...we're going to torch. Those anomalies which have been occurring across the South at times (especially this upcoming weekend) have been wild. 

I don't think its going to torch anytime soon....later in January, yes.....but that is a good 3 or so weeks off. I'm just tired of the parade of paraplegic SWs that are castrated by the RNA en route to the NE. "Oh, but there are so many of them...one will pop out of that chair and walk again"......tic toc, tic, toc

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think its going to torch anytime soon....later in January, yes.....but that is a good 3 or so weeks off. I'm just tired of the parade of paraplegic SWs that are castrated by the RNA en route to the NE.

yeah I'm with you there. It's extremely frustrating and at times teasing. While it's still several days out this end of weekend ordeal has gone in the teaser category...but hopefully can end up in the cha ching category 

What we are left with is analyzing soundings all day like antisocial, virgin internet sleuths in search of that elusive stray snow shower on xmas....which is great for the 12 municipalities that get it, meanwhile, back at the ranch.... the other 95% of us are met with mother nature's hairy, grizzled rear-end under the mistletoe.

• Haha 3

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What we are left with is analyzing soundings all day like virgin sleuths in search of that elusive stray snow shower on xmas....which is great for the 12 municipalities that get it, meanwhile back at the ranch....we are met with mother natures hairy, grizzled rear-end under the mistletoe.

Is this mistletoe hung in the shed?

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If we get past NY still chasing our proverbial tails, then I'm going to start to sour on this in a hurry lol

I think you may need patience. Not trying to say it won't work out.....but I'm sort of saving any excitement to around that time and after.  I admit 12/20 didn't work out and even last week when I was sort of getting concerned...it's possible my area may need to wait towards NY and beyond for anything more substantial. I still feel good heading to NY and beyond though. 

1 hour ago, GCWarrior said:

I used to live in Washington for a while! I don't think you are understanding what I am saying.  The Cascades don't go right into the ocean. 

I know.  But reading your post it seemed like outside of the Olympics it doesn’t snow much.  Seattle isn’t on the ocean either but the flow goes through the pass and San Juan islands down into Puget Sound.  But the way I read your post WA otherwise doesn’t get much snow outside of the Olympics.  It seems like you were confining the area to the Olympic peninsula and coastal plain areas west of the cascades?

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I think you may need patience. Not trying to say it won't work out.....but I'm sort of saving any excitement to around that time and after.  I admit 12/20 didn't work out and even last week when I was sort of getting concerned...it's possible my area may need to wait towards NY and beyond for anything more substantial. I still feel good heading to NY and beyond though. 

Jingle Bells, RNA smells, yet another shortwave laid an egg.

We had yet another shot at another stray inch, and even that faded away, HEY!

Jingle Bells, RNA smells, the fun is always five days AWAY!

Oh what fun, it is to track, heights in Oregon sub four-fift-ey...Hey!

Record troughs on the west coast, heat ridges in the south, one more shortwave gets sheared to grits, and I'm gonna plant an oozie in my mouth, HEY!

Jingle Bells, RNA smells, rain finds us as snow runs AWAY!

Oh what fun it to track, Please put me out of my Miser-ray!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Record troughs on the west coast, heat ridges in the south, one more shortwave gets sheared to grits, and I'm gonna plant an oozie in my mouth, HEY!

Oh what fun it to track, Please put me out of my Miserray!

all the signs of a dead ratter winter incoming outside of maybe a storm or two (but hey even 01-02 and 11-12 had one storm)

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Euro tries to get the 27th system into here before it gets shredded. 

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We had yet another shot at another stray inch, and even that ran astray, HEY!

You know it’s bad when people are willing to risk it all for that inch on Xmas Eve day. 

one of these days one of these will drop measurable snow, may not be this winter, but it will happen 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Up to 46F here, but cloudy skies again. 

TBH, get us passed the holidays, and I prefer the torch to this. Something hopefully gives after the New Year...either shift the longwave pattern that is cursing us with this shear axis, or join the NAO with the heat ridge and be done with it.

• Like 2