• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

lol GFS has a 150+ knots MLJ streak develop.

Anyways, nice to see Sunday is still being signaled. After that though...the northern stream just looks like crap. It's a sheared mess of garbage. Really tough to envision anything working out in that. Even southern stream is kind of garbage. Sunday may be our best hope

image.png.0e089927d6a95273791378d12cc33a78.png

GGEM is decent for 12/24...looks like a nice stripe of 1-2" with maybe 3" lollis. Then it mostly squashes 12/25-12/26...but tries to get 12/27 into parts of the region with a bit of snow. Then it tries to get another system in here 12/28 with ZR/IP.

This train of shortwaves starting Xmas is a total mess on guidance. Chevy Chase advent calendar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting on the GYX radar you can see what’s likely the snow line around Sunday River, right?  Echoes go more smooth and lower reflectivity sort of on a Bartlett to Andover line.  That higher reflectivity stuff must be mixed?

Then also the weird cellular almost convective looking stuff further north.

4EF37714-2BD8-4026-BFC3-448E2E68E887.jpeg.43842a821e104b75ce67ac5f2bc2944c.jpeg

looks like zr at SR judging by their webcams

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

GGEM is decent for 12/24...looks like a nice stripe of 1-2" with maybe 3" lollis. Then it mostly squashes 12/25-12/26...but tries to get 12/27 into parts of the region with a bit of snow. Then it tries to get another system in here 12/28 with ZR/IP.

This train of shortwaves starting Xmas is a total mess on guidance. Chevy Chase advent calendar.

Tough situations for any guidance.  How is it reasonable to expect the models to be able to process the remaining airmass dynamics from the preceding wave until it actually leaves the area?  

Can we also see a "robber" wave here that outperforms potentially and this causes supplemental waves to be dramatically impacted?

10 minutes ago, George001 said:

A week ago, I forecasted severe blizzard conditions in eastern mass due to the North Atlantic blocking in place. Today is the day I forecasted the blizzard conditions to occur, it is raining outside right now. 

Treat yourself to a Dairy Queen Candy Cane Blizzard because it is the only blizzard that you will see this winter...

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, George001 said:

A week ago, I forecasted severe blizzard conditions in eastern mass due to the North Atlantic blocking in place. Today is the day I forecasted the blizzard conditions to occur, it is raining outside right now. 

At least you got it correct that there would be a storm off the coast and parts of Maine will end up with some decent snow from this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

lol GFS has a 150+ knots MLJ streak develop.

Anyways, nice to see Sunday is still being signaled. After that though...the northern stream just looks like crap. It's a sheared mess of garbage. Really tough to envision anything working out in that. Even southern stream is kind of garbage. Sunday may be our best hope

image.png.0e089927d6a95273791378d12cc33a78.png

Wiz, with the way everything is so convoluted…I wouldn’t take any model output for 4 plus days out with any credibility.  Gonna flip flop all over the place. 

17 minutes ago, George001 said:

You need to post less, and read/listen more. And please stop with the blizzzards already.  If and when a big storm pops up…then you can start fantasizing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ukie is also decent for 12/24....prob 1-3" over most of SNE. A little on the juicy side but not that out of step with 12z models so far.

Where it is out of step is 12/25....it has solid advisory snows for a good chunk of CT on Xmas morning...like a solid 2-4". Lighter amounts into MA/S NH/S VT.

43 minutes ago, George001 said:

If you change your forecasting technique to simply predict whether or not there will be a severe blizzard on any given day, and say "there will not be a severe blizzard today," you will be right 99.9+ % of the time!  Think of the possibilities...

27 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Very April like 

Maybe even a few ticks warmer than April :lol: 

23 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wiz, with the way everything is so convoluted…I wouldn’t take any model output for 4 plus days out with any credibility.  Gonna flip flop all over the place. 

Very true. 

But the jest is to tamper back high hopes (at least on a personal level). There has been alot of excitement generated about the upcoming pattern and the potential it may hold...but we could very, very easily end up with crap...like total crap. With the crap a result of a dry pattern or hell...even quite a bit above-average. 

But like you said, its so convoluted and chaotic that it's really anyone's guess as to what happens. There is just zero confidence moving into these upcoming few weeks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Very true. 

But the jest is to tamper back high hopes (at least on a personal level). There has been alot of excitement generated about the upcoming pattern and the potential it may hold...but we could very, very easily end up with crap...like total crap. With the crap a result of a dry pattern or hell...even quite a bit above-average. 

But like you said, its so convoluted and chaotic that it's really anyone's guess as to what happens. There is just zero confidence moving into these upcoming few weeks. 

Likely the SE ridge links up with the blocking given massive RNA that is only trending stronger.  That would be a blowtorch pattern

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Very true. 

If we get past NY still chasing our proverbial tails, then I'm going to start to sour on this in a hurry lol