Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Guys... I'm really hoping for that pattern change. I do believe it will happen. Just not as fast as we all thought, but when it does make that transition, boy look out. 

On a different note... I felt the need to share, we just found out today that we were chosen to give a beautiful little 8 year old girl a forever home with us. We've grown very fond of her over the last 6 months and now she will call our home her home for good! Now That's what life is about ( oh.. And she loves the snow as much as I do, score!! )

Congratulations! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Guys... I'm really hoping for that pattern change. I do believe it will happen. Just not as fast as we all thought, but when it does make that transition, boy look out. 

On a different note... I felt the need to share, we just found out today that we were chosen to give a beautiful little 8 year old girl a forever home with us. We've grown very fond of her over the last 6 months and now she will call our home her home for good! Now That's what life is about ( oh.. And she loves the snow as much as I do, score!! )

Awesome to hear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Best news of the day!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

we've dropped to 25 here, and dews are right there, so we saturate right away as frozen unless it rushes quicker than expected, not expecting white but zr definitely on the table here

Most forecast soundings showed a dry layer between the surface and 850mb so the column won't necessarily saturate immediately. ZR seems most likely based on the depth of the warm layer. Surface temps will likely warm through the night. Definitely could get icy in spots.

6 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Most forecast soundings showed a dry layer between the surface and 850mb so the column won't necessarily saturate immediately. ZR seems most likely based on the depth of the warm layer. Surface temps will likely warm through the night. Definitely could get icy in spots.

yeah the usual suspect areas of the valley along RT 8 will have the glaze and spun cars off the highway, seen it so many times, and this year we have a larger population of NY transplants, who seem more permanent and they don't know these spots and drive like it's the van wyck...

16 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

19 here and the dewpoint only slightly below. It’s cold and we are going to glaze. Already a couple of degrees below the projected low and skies are still pretty clear so we will radiate some more I assume

Clouds are building our way now...I think we're about done dropping and then we'll creep up as we go overcast and the longwave rad reradiates down to the sfc. Gunstock and Miller St Park are running 31F and 28F so there is warmer air just above this fake cold. I'm hoping for at least an inch of snow to start so the driveway isn't a skating rink.

I hate freezing rain. I simply hate it.

Freezing rain and other relative forms of crusty slippery situations were an even larger problem in central Iowa. In 4 years I can recall at least three situations where 1/4 inch of ice or so occurred. Total skating rink. 

at least when it’s that bad people aren’t taken by surprise since it’s obvious.

But some people would do 40 on the freeway anyway and that’s how you get killed. Anywhere I’ve lived I’ve been caught having to go to work and back in my rear wheel drive car, and being “pressured” by other motorists to do more than 35 mph but almost spinning out. I hate disregard for Inclimate weather.

16 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I hate freezing rain. I simply hate it.

Freezing rain and other relative forms of crusty slippery situations were an even larger problem in central Iowa. In 4 years I can recall at least three situations where 1/4 inch of ice or so occurred. Total skating rink. 

at least when it’s that bad people aren’t taken by surprise since it’s obvious.

But some people would do 40 on the freeway anyway and that’s how you get killed. Anywhere I’ve lived I’ve been caught having to go to work and back in my rear wheel drive car, and being “pressured” by other motorists to do more than 35 mph but almost spinning out. I hate disregard for Inclimate weather.

People are super selfish and lame mostly…..can’t count on them bro

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Wow, that's great news.  Cheer to you and your expanding family!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1