Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, greenmtnwx said:

It’s just hitting me that we wait all year, through mud season, mosquitoes, severe weather, foliage, stick season, to get to the chance of a wintry holiday period and another one bites the dust again this year. It’s a long time to get another shot. 

But we had amazing Memorial Day and July 4th weekends!   :axe: 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thought it was snowing 24-25th. Need that 

GFS does have snow both days. 24th actually looks like a nice little 1-3” fluffer on that run. 25th is kind of crunched so eastern areas don’t really snow much that day but they play catch-up on the 26th. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS does have snow both days. 24th actually looks like a nice little 1-3” fluffer on that run. 25th is kind of crunched so eastern areas don’t really snow much that day but they play catch-up on the 26th. 

That’s the one I’m really hoping for . I think one of those two could possibly work out. I just don’t think we see accumulating snow ️ On Xmas and Xmas Eve. I can see how one of them whitens the landscape if things finally break our way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Oh, I just looked at the date on the image. I thought you were talking about 94...though 95-96 had it, too

95-96 seemed to have a lot of those that broke just right it seems, what we'd give for another season like that, considering this may well be my last winter in NE, took a job in N Georgia, so, won't be seeing much snow there I'd reckon

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

ahhh should have guessed that was wxbell. 

I've been looking for a new subscription place. debating between wxbell and F5. weathermodels blows

I use wxbell and love it.  They changed the whole layout a couple of years ago.  I tried a few subscription services but like this one the best.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

95-96 seemed to have a lot of those that broke just right it seems, what we'd give for another season like that, considering this may well be my last winter in NE, took a job in N Georgia, so, won't be seeing much snow there I'd reckon

Definitely not enough to count on it. The hills in extreme northern GA seem to get snow maybe once a year if I recall

Weird how GA has so many pine forests. I tend to think of pine as ALpine

in any case it’s better than moving to San Diego.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Definitely not enough to count on it. The hills in extreme northern GA seem to get snow maybe once a year if I recall

Weird how GA has so many pine forests. I tend to think of pine as ALpine

in any case it’s better than moving to San Diego.

don't think I can handle the same forecast every day of the year, and from what I've looked into winter lasts about 6 hours there, one good thing is the growing season is longer, so there's that, me being the only one of my family who actually enjoys deep winter, will take some adjustments, but getting away from the northeast for other reasons outweigh the weather aspect... plus, there's other weather events there and visits are always going to happen... anyway wishes for a white christmas, seems a while since one, fresh one anyway.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What I actually did was question you and your call for white Xmas in a not so desirable setup . Many posters here question you .. whether it’s on the board or behind the scenes :whistle:

:lol:   Nice try. I’m just hoping for a little something the 24th or 25th. Hey I told you we had some red flags with this look for now. We get better towards NY.  

52 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

It’s just hitting me that we wait all year, through mud season, mosquitoes, severe weather, foliage, stick season, to get to the chance of a wintry holiday period and another one bites the dust again this year. It’s a long time to get another shot. 

Good evening g m w. I remember a Mash episode in which Hawkeye Pierce was talking about his hometown in Maine called, I believe, Crabapple Cove. He said the town always had a White Christmas beginning on Halloween. Living in my inner city urban heated environment, ensconced next to a warm ocean, regular snow cover will be a fleeting and often dream required event. I cannot and do not complain. Only I hold myself here. I do want the frozen precipitation to be where it should. The gorgeous north county that transitions from color to beautiful frosting on an end of year cake. As always ….

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

:lol:   Nice try. I’m just hoping for a little something the 24th or 25th. Hey I told you we had some red flags with this look for now. We get better towards NY.  

I have some doubts about late month and beyond. It’s rarely if ever winter here when it’s deep winter in PAC NW