Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Bunch of miserable SOBs.

I’m literal pretty positive about most stuff lol. I just don’t see what’s to like there? It’s a weakening shortwave that’s getting sent through the grinder. 

That looks more like snow showers to me as opposed to a solid arra of legitimate snow. 

I want it to work out as much as the next guy, but I’m not taking the cheese on one of these again 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m literal pretty positive about most stuff lol. I just don’t see what’s to like there? It’s a weakening shortwave that’s getting sent through the grinder. 

That looks more like snow showers to me as opposed to a solid arra of legitimate snow. 

I want it to work out as much as the next guy, but I’m not taking the cheese on one of these again 

I’m just having fun. I’d be happy with an inch 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We're bumping this post when you start making optimistic posts at 00z about that system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Paradise Ranger Station (which I visited in June 1990) begs to differ.   To thnk the Cascades don’t get too much snow is to not know the area at all.

I skied at Timberline Lodge on Memorial Day weekend in 1999 and they had a 200" base at lodge level.  Paradise Lodge broke the national snowfall record with 1,140" of snow in a 12 month season. 

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures because I used my video camera. 

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

@CoastalWxremember this storm? I was just thinking of this one because the pattern kind of reminded me of it.....if oneof these shortwaves works out, it might look like this....you have this zonal -PNA flow running into a NAO block.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/fxg1/NARR/1995/us1214.php

Dec14_1995.gif

I remember it!  The first serious dump (widespread 6-12) that year.  Then we had some OES and didnt Weymouth get 18-24 total?

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

@CoastalWxremember this storm? I was just thinking of this one because the pattern kind of reminded me of it.....if oneof these shortwaves works out, it might look like this....you have this zonal -PNA flow running into a NAO block.

Dec14_1995.gif

It's really sad when we have to resort to "name that storm" in the December thread.

Also, have a wicked good Solstice everyone!

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

ahhh should have guessed that was wxbell. 

I've been looking for a new subscription place. debating between wxbell and F5. weathermodels blows

Yea, I just took an EPS H5 image from xmas and annotated.

Wxbell has better graphics, but F5 has the Narcan snowmaps, nice simulated radar and Long range Ukmet plus ensembles. I would go w F5 bc wxbell maybe redundant for you 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Dec14_1995.gif

Ha, I do remember. We actually got borderline temp wise where I lived but I think I had solid 7 or 8 inches if I recall correctly.

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It seems taboo but I have this weird fascination with spending one Christmas of my life in a hot, tropical place with palm trees.  That’s not DFW but sort of reminded me with the temperatures.  Just to see how that climo part of the world experiences Xmas.  Air conditioning while opening packages must be a trip.

Umm did last Christmas not count?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I just took an EPS H5 image from xmas and annotated.

Wxbell has better graphics, but F5 has the Narcan snowmaps, nice simulated radar and Long range Ukmet plus ensembles. I would go w F5 bc wxbell maybe redundant for you 

I am heavily leaning towards F5. I loved alot of what they offered and the graphics were great. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Oh, I just looked at the date on the image. I thought you were talking about 94...though 95-96 had it, too

I was sort of just too far SW where I lived on the west side of Brockton. We sometimes got CF enhancement, but that CJ event in Feb ‘94 gave areas like 7 miles east of me as crow flies double the amount. That was triggering.

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Ha, I do remember. We actually got borderline temp wise where I lived but I think I had solid 7 or 8 inches if I recall correctly.

That was a bust too. Original forecast was for like 1-3/2-4 the 48 hours leading into it. They upped it that morning (like 4 hours before start time) to like 3-6” but it ended up being widespread 6-9”.