Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL every model is different. It's like a weenie advent calendar. Every day you open up the models and see a different solution. Hell every 6 hours. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We have models bringing rain into CNE for Xmas and then some that crunch it southwest and give Greenwich CT snow while Ray is smoking cirrus. Basically a clown show on guidance....but we kind of knew this was coming. I posted that map yesterday that showed all those ridiculous shortwaves offshore.

As much as I hate winter tracking, this is pretty fun. We don't even have consensus about the wx 18 hours for now. 

• Like 3

mfTyaymw_normal.jpg

Extreme negative PNA coming up (deep trough across the West Coast) will make for some wild cold/stormy weather there over the next couple of weeks We can still get snow in SNE with a -PNA, but it's less favorable than the opposite (especially when it comes to coastal storms)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

At the very least its OT...why comment on the PNW pattern in the NE forum? Should have just been moved.

I did not "see"  anything wrong with his post.  The general consensus is that the west is in for a very good period of winter weather. .....not so much for the east.  For months the pattern has favored storminess in the west. What happens there has an impact on the weather in the New England area. 

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I did not "see"  anything wrong with his post.  The general consensus is that the west is in for a very good period of winter weather. .....not so much for the east.  For months the pattern has favored storminess in the west. What happens there has an impact on the weather in the New England area. 

Again...OT. It should have been moved. Nothing wrong with it....but go post it in the other forum. The weather everywhere is related somewhat, but alas, they have subforums.

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

Nah no need for the post to be moved. It is just a post. I have no idea how or why some individuals  would be upset about the post.  It's no biggie....

I'm not upset...you said there was nothing wrong with it, and I agreed, but stated it was OT.

Fact.