• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

The GFS has been better this season but I’m not sure it’s because the model is so, or if it’s just because the hemisphere is fast and the GFS  happens to be well situated. Hiding a progressive bias in that sense. 

In any case … it’s attempted insertion of trough mechanics into this atmospheric levee in the NE and had to pull out at 72 hrs … No confidence it succeeds now. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Just getting home. Absolutely wiped out. This thread—crazy as it was at times lol—helped me through the day.

Dad is stable but there were complications during the heart surgery. We’ll see what happens the next few days but he’s ok right now. 

I am sending your dad good vibes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Just getting home. Absolutely wiped out. This thread—crazy as it was at times lol—helped me through the day.

Dad is stable but there were complications during the heart surgery. We’ll see what happens the next few days but he’s ok right now. 

Tough day Don.  Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hope everything works out for your dad Don and the family.

• Thanks 1

GFS doubling down on the 26th. Wtf-

980mb low east of PSM. Actually takes it N of BOS … which I think is less likely in this proven NAO influence   

But it’s got the ICON more fully on board… hinted at 18z, it’s now doing some bizarre narrow corridor quasi Miller B, too

both are oddities. Lows don’t typically RI over EEN moving due east thru that latitude.

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

GFS doubling down on the 26th. Wtf-

980mb low east of PSM. Actually takes it N of BOS … which I think is less likely in this proven NAO influence   

But it’s got the ICON more fully on board… hinted at 18z, it’s now doing some bizarre narrow corridor quasi Miller B. 

I'm sure if the NAO takes a break from shredding every potential snow event, it will allow the one that sneaks through to come close enough for rain....after I miss the xmas eve mojo to the southwest. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just insult to injury....what an absolutely, positively abomination of a month. Add this one to the rusted out coat hanger Hall of Fame.

You’re not supposed to talk about winter like that…..when I do they say I’m liquored up…..usually when I do I’m right and I am…..lol

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ice1972 said:

You’re not supposed to talk about winter like that…..when I do they say I’m liquored up…..usually when I do I’m right and I am…..lol

Well, the writing is on the wall, at this point....the verdict is in, and this month is guilty of sucking a$$ hardcore.

We're onto January.

8 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

You’re supposed to act like there’s all this time to have a great one….well great this….there’s only weeks left….

Yup, exactly 12 weeks left, and there’s 12 weeks in winter, no matter which way you slice it. So there’s 100% of winter left to go

lmao…you need another shot bro.