Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

6 hours ago, ice1972 said:

I don’t muck it up in here like I used to though….I just can’t stand how annoying the opening to winter has been lately…..it’s a bit of a problem 

I was going to say that you sound very young...and then saw your Bday. If you're nearly as old as I am...and have lived in this area most of your life you SHOULD know that the area usually doesn't have meaningful snow 'til after Christmas. Especially West Hartford. Even where I'm from in Granby this is true, and we always had a fair deal more than the Hartford area!  God, I feel like I've said this a million times already...

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe look at a map or model?

Whit calls for coating to an inch. Wtnh calls for coating to 2" at best. Wfsb calls for coating to an 1" ( chance of a locally higher amount ). I'd say 2" might be a very random and few amd far between amount. Saw nothing about 3". But.. Not opposed to a surprise. 

2 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

New pattern, same as the old

image.jpeg.4856edb413d709e9217d1558d1165753.jpeg

Boy .. Deja Vu. Didn't this happen last year? Models showed a change early on, but it kept getting pushed out. Finally, we saw that change in February. So.. If we can get our average snowfall of between 40-50 inches in CT.. That could give us some nice snowstorms close to eachother. 

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Just as I said. Where's the 3" amounts you were saying? Dont call me out asking for models or maps when you are over emphasizing what we will see. This map shows ... AT BEST 1-2" and only in some areas even if we see it. Just saying man

A narrow area or two may get 1-2, but it seems moisture starved even with ratios. I mean it’s a range. I don’t mind their map. I think SE MA could see 1-2 near PVD east as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

A narrow area or two may get 1-2, but it seems moisture starved even with ratios. I mean it’s a range. I don’t mind their map. I think SE MA could see 1-2 near PVD east as well.

I agree. Just dont like getting called out from kev. Trust me... I want the big guy snowstorm like the rest of us. It will happen though.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The long range just keeps building that -PNA. Congrats out west. 

Correct, very stable pattern with the cold water south of Alaska and the Nina forcing causing the MJO to stall and loop.  However the NAO is not stable, I see nothing promising for next few weeks

17 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Whit calls for coating to an inch. Wtnh calls for coating to 2" at best. Wfsb calls for coating to an 1" ( chance of a locally higher amount ). I'd say 2" might be a very random and few amd far between amount. Saw nothing about 3". But.. Not opposed to a surprise. 

Wait .. you watch tv for your forecasts? Well that explains it then. Enjoy the flurry 

• Weenie 2

15 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Xmas day looks like shite now. I preferred those more suppressed solutions, which kept it colder but drier

the 6z GFS might be one of the most egregious runs I've seen in a while. just an absolute disaster. 

It’s a horrible look well into the new year. More of the same